Upgrade your smooth reflector....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...suggestions sought.

This topic may belong in Mods, but it seems to be a subject of current conversation in another thread (Mags)in this forum.

Are there any suggestions please, on how to upgrade that smooth reflector which produces a "rings of Saturn" beam, to an orange peel like one for that SF beam. Maybe something spray on for example. For my MM and DB's sake.

Thx.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
toby,
you have the age old question, but no one has come up with an answer.
confused5.gif
TX

Saaby

Flashaholic
Spray on is interesting though, why not do something to the reflector to wreck it's smoothness (many things come to mind) and then spray paint it with silver paint, I don't know that probably wouldn't work, but I think we'll have to come up with our own reflector design.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you do a search, you'll find a thread from awhile back that all these things were tried with no satisfactory results. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm thinking beadblast the surface (solid aluminum reflectors only of course, with the plastic ones the chrome just flakes off) with a good, coarse medium...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

TX,

Had fun going back over ~200 old posts.
shocked.gif
Mag and SF are prominent.

Just another reason for an LS based light.
smile.gif

sflate

Enlightened
I can tell you that I've tried several things over the years and they all failed. I tried crinkling aluminum foil, glueing on silver glitter, and cutting up a reflector off of a Walmart (Sam's choice) and trying to place it in the cup of the 3D Mag. They didn't work very well. I'd be willing to try some more ideas if anyone has any.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toby:
Had fun going back over ~200 old posts.
shocked.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Toby, I did a search with Mag reflector & only got about 65 hits. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Originally posted by toby:
[qb]Had fun going back over ~200 old posts.
shocked.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Toby, I did a search with Mag reflector & only got about 65 hits. TX[/QB]

TX, To quote your quote.

I did a search on your posts in Gen.Flashlight Etc section (200 results, 10 in Mods), and perused the ones which looked relevant. Never thought to search "Mag reflector", just assumed you must have had some input into one of the threads.

BTW, has anyone tried modding an old 12V halogen downlight relector. They are brittle but could be reinforced...maybe not worth the trouble.
tongue.gif

How expensive are the Carley relfectors and are they suitable to MM's and DB's.