anything better than a Tiablo A9 on CR123A primaries?

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
need a thrower. at least 1.5 hours on high, plus some kinda secondary low. no rechargeables, must use CR123A primaries. since that rules out the DBS v2 and RaidFire Spear, from the thrower threads it sounds like the Tiablo A9 is the way to go.

any other suggestions before i pull the trigger tomorrow? probably passing on the MRV but i can be convinced. no customs, my CC caught fire this month. thanks :thumbsup:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
need a thrower. at least 1.5 hours on high, plus some kinda secondary low. no rechargeables, must use CR123A primaries. since that rules out the DBS v2 and RaidFire Spear, from the thrower threads it sounds like the Tiablo A9 is the way to go.

any other suggestions before i pull the trigger tomorrow? probably passing on the MRV but i can be convinced. no customs, my CC caught fire this month. thanks :thumbsup:
Yep, that's the only one that comes to my mind.

Zenster

Enlightened
At this point in time, I think the A9 is still "the one" as a thrower on CR123's. There's lots of close seconds, but the A9 on CR123's is hard to beat.

Now watch; a day after you get your A9, they'll come out with a new R5 model. :ohgeez:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got it with the OP reflector for my purposes, but may get the smooth later for more options. thanks all.

and nabbed a streamlight microstream to add the clickie to my L0D CE :)

BMF

Enlightened
Is Tiablo A9 with primaries CR123 brighter than rechargeable RCR123? I've never use primaries with it.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
FYI, I've justed updated my thrower round-up review to include the Tiablo A9 (Q5):

Thrower review: DBS, Spear, MRV, Tiablo, Regal & clones: THROW, RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS!

I would say it's probably your best choice for running on primaries. :)

Oh, and Hi output on RCR is pretty comparable to primaries (20,600 lux vs 20,000 lux respectively - negligible difference). Of course, you would presumably have considerably reduced runtime on RCR (I haven't tested).

lightforce2

Enlightened
Is Tiablo A9 with primaries CR123 brighter than rechargeable RCR123? I've never use primaries with it.

No, not with my A9. I,ve used CR123A's and RCR123A LiFePo4's.
Primaries will give far greater run time. LiFePo4's are similar voltage as primaries (3.0v) but Li-Ion's are 3.7v however both battery types fall within the A9's regulation parameters.

brett174

Newly Enlightened
How would this compare against the DBS V2 running CR123A's? I'm trying to decide between the 2, I much prefer the DBS V2 but I havent been able to find output results when it is running the 1SM-M pill (using CR123A's)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would this compare against the DBS V2 running CR123A's? I'm trying to decide between the 2, I much prefer the DBS V2 but I havent been able to find output results when it is running the 1SM-M pill (using CR123A's)

i suspect it will be the same beacause the Tiablo is pushing 1A off two CR123A too, like the 1SM-M

Crenshaw