Is my Fenix L0D Q4 a Q4?

Ritch

Enlightened
Just got my Fenix L0D Q4 in olive. My P1D Q5's have enscribed 'premium Q5' on the head. Nothing like 'Q4' on the head of my new L0D. Is this common? Is my Q4 really a Q4? :thinking:

> richard

jbviau

Enlightened
Richard, my olive L0D Q4 isn't marked Q4 either. This is normal. If I understood dardar's link, you can check for yourself. You should be able to see 4 little bond wires attached to the LED if it's a Q4.

warlord

Enlightened
You won't be able to tell the difference between any of the Q group by counting the bond wires but 4 bond wires *should* signify that you don't have anything less than a Q2.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the reason behind this is simple. The P1D-Q5 is considered a "premium" item, even though its the one everyone usually buys anyway.

the L0D q4 is considered a standard item, so they must feel that there is no point in putting Q4 on it to distinguish it, since there is nothing to distinguish it from.

its consistent too, if you look at the Tk10 and the T1, neither of them have Premium Q5 on them, as they come with Q5s standard.

Crenshaw

David Gretzmier

Newly Enlightened
my lod has 4 wires, just got it today, not marked, but all they sell at fenixstore is the q4's. Waiting for a 10440 to attempt to either blow it up :devil: or have a screamer :D.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't be able to tell the difference between any of the Q group by counting the bond wires but 4 bond wires *should* signify that you don't have anything less than a Q2.

P4 and up all look identical as the P4 emitter has 4 wires too.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hitthespot, you've linked to a Q4. Marduke was saying that there's no such thing as an olive *P*4 L0D. That's true as far as I know. There were P4 and Q2 L0Ds in natural, I think, but not in olive.

I double checked. You guys are right. My bad. I need to look closer and not just glance! Thank you.

Bill