Fenix LOP Dies in Washing Machine

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
One of my beloved Special Edition LOPs went through the washing machine and dryer. Now it does not work... I thought these things could take a licking and keep on lighting? :)

LOL, is it toast or can it be brought back from the dead?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try a new battery? Sometimes it gets turned on in the wash and it's just the battery that's dead if not then try putting it in the oven on a low heat for a while to bake out the moisture that got in.

bdeb50

Newly Enlightened
oh that sux... but maybe only the battery is dead... i think that when its going into a washing machine its hard to survive... theres alot of power when it spins around...

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Yup, put a brand new battery in and no dice. Tried the head on another body and no dice. It is dead dead dead. There is no sign whatsoever of moisture either. It did get banged up quite bit though...

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
It's a bummer because this was one of the ones with only three levels which I REALLY liked. None of the strobe and flash cycles so it was really simple.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a bummer because this was one of the ones with only three levels which I REALLY liked. None of the strobe and flash cycles so it was really simple.

The internals of the L0P's are potted really well, so there is a good chance that the LED is the culprit. You could try replacing the LED to see if it can be brought back to life.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can try replacing the LED. If it's still a Lux, try replacing it with a Seoul for more output.

I hope you can get it fixed.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pity you lost a light you liked so much.

But yeah, replacing the emitter is worth a shot IMO.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sympathise with you, I did the same thing with my Garmin Vista GPS a few years back...

Replacing the old luxeon is a good idea.