What shoes do you wear the most often?

Daekar

Enlightened
I just picked up a new pair of boots as my everyday shoes (I figure 2 years was a good run for the old ones), and I got to thinking... what does everybody else wear most often? Here are a few pictures of my new ones (the old ones were nice and worn in but I had to toss them before I thought of this thread...)...
boots.jpg

boots1.jpg

You can just barely see the Thinsulate tag and Goretex lining in the second shot... show me pictures of yours!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sanity and self preservation requires that I wear steel toed work boots 99.5% of the time. Usually Caterpillars, but have worn Danners, Doc Martins, Redwings, and a smear of cheaper stuff too. I've found Cats to be the best combination of cost vs. durability.

Interesting thread. :buddies:

iced_theater

Enlightened
Well it depends on what I'm doing. I wear all of these fairly regularly.

Puma driving shoes
Carolina loggers
Timberland Pro steel toes
Asics running shoes

Then I just have other shoes as well that don't get much time at all.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look a bit warm for this time of the year here in VA.

I do wear a pair of Nike ACG mids very often. They're basically a hiker styled athletic low/mid shoe with Nike's own 'brand' of Gortex.

Water use sandels, running shoes, casual and casual dress. Depends on where I'm going and the time of the year. I've got a bad back, and good shoes are important to me. I discovered some inserts this past Xmas that have been great.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm at home all day with watching my kids and I work nights in a large warehouse, so the shoes I wear most often are flip-flops, I probably average 8-10 hours a day in them during all but the coldest months, and coming in 2nd would be my work boots at 6 hours a day, I alternate between two different pair every other day.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I usually wear a pair of Lowa Strato Lo walking shoes:
lowastratolo-200.jpg

These are fairly light walking shoes, they are very comfy and seem to be made with my feet in mind. When I first wore these, it felt almost like my feet came home... I'm currently on my 5th pair of Strato's...

When I go hiking, geocaching or anywhere else I expect somewhat rougher terrain, I switch to my Lowa Trekker boots:
lowatrekker-200.jpg

While not as comfy as the Strato's (and a whole lot heavier), these are still very nice to wear. They are available in increments of half sizes, and there are multiple widths available too, so you can get pretty close to the exact size you need. The support these boots offer is great and needed with my not very good left ankle...

And since a few days, I own a pair of Rider sandals, model Root:
riderroot-200.jpg

Temperatures here started rising last week, so something with a bit more ventilation was very welcome. They're not the ultimate in comfort, but I wear them only around the house and they were fairly cheap, so it's an acceptable trade-off...

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
For most things I love Caterpillars in black, they polish up a treat for best as well.

The most comfortable 'good' shoes I own are a pair of brown Brogue boots made by Church Shoes. These were hand made, have incredible flexibility and great after care service ( And they were on sale so I didn't pay the full £200 they normally costy!!).

Be lucky....

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
For my 'off duty' wear, I used to wear Caterpillar/Timberland boots (the classic nubuck ones) all the time. I generally found the Timberlands to be a heavier boot, due to the leather lining, which also made my feet sweat more.

These days, I tend to wear Loake mid tan leather soled brogues, as shown here, as they seem to better suit what I wear these days.
BRAEMAR_TAN.jpg

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've worn steel-toed boots since tenth grade (six or seven years ago). My first was a Sears Roebuck pair that lasted me a couple years before starting to fall apart a bit, then a pair of Caterpillars, and now a pair of Wolverines.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I'm usually wearing something Keen...be it casual shoes, sandals, or trail shoes.

- Chris