Are Mag Cs available in anything but black?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
In looking at their website, it shows only black for the Cs. I can't say I've seen a C that wasn't black, but why not?
I recently got an Inretech Super6, and I'd like to put it in a 4 C Mag, preferably silver or titanium colored.
Where's the cheapest place to get Mags, anyway?

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up my Mag2c at home depot which had silver, black, and purple versions. About 14 bucks.

I doubt you'll have much luck finding a Mag4c in a retail store.

Mark

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I was at Lowe's today and saw the Mag 2C in silver and also available in the regular black. The silver didn't look too bad at all.

Anyone see the "titanium" colored version of the 2AA?

-Jim

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Well, for starters, I've personally seen the C size Mags in Home Depot in Purple, Silver, and Black. But they seemed to only carry the 2C models, but don't quote me on that. I was narrowsighted that day as I wanted the 3C model and only found 2C models available there. But I wasn't looking at the longer cell length lights. As far as online purchase, all I could find was black in the C models. But my home depot definitely had the 2C in Silver, Purple and Black (of course). Wonder why the Cs aren't that readily avail in other colors once you go above the 2 cell config. Maybe mag nose something that we doughn't.

Ed.

Gandalf

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PieThatCorner said:
I was at Lowe's today and saw the Mag 2C in silver and also available in the regular black. The silver didn't look too bad at all.

Anyone see the "titanium" colored version of the 2AA?

-Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

The local Target stores carry this color, usually referred to as 'pewter'. They are less than $10, although individual Target stores can vary, even in my area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know that they are available in something other than black, I wonder why the site says black only.

Looks like I'll have to wait to get back to California to look for one. I am very remote here in East Texas, for the time being, and haven't seen a Target, Kmart, Lowes or Home Depot yet.

At least I've got a black one coming. It cost me $18, though, which I consider about the highest I would have paid. (w/shipping)
The good thing about these Cs, is it is a size reduction. From what I can gather on the information superhighway, a 4 C is only about 2" longer than a 2 D. The capacity is half that of a D cell, but use rechargables, right?

Brock

Flashaholic
Rechargeables? I would think you could get the rechargeable version, but most of the time the Mag's are made for regular alkaline batteries and running NiMH's might change the voltage at the lamp, which could be a good thing. Then again you could swap the lamp and put rechargeables in just about any of them.

I run my 2 AA's with NiMH's and the Opalec and now the 2C with the everled and renewal C cells, they work quite well, the 2C is actually brighter with the LED in there, and regulated to boot.

Did I mention I like regulation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like the rechargeable Mag, it is too big for my liking, and not LED, and incompatible with the Super6.
Rechargeable lights are too specialized, I think. Usually the runtime is low, and they don't usually come with spare batteries. In the case of the Mag rechargeable, I wouldn't be able to recharge one pack and use another anyway, the battery has to be charged in the light.
I have a rechargeable Pelican stealth lite, and it's redeeming feature is that I can put alkalines or NiMH in it when the NiCD dies, but still, the batteries have to be charged in the light. Not very utilitarian. And I wouldn't have bought one myself, you, the taxpayers got it for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks!

I have two checkpoints for flashlights:

1. Must use common batteries that can be found in any convenience store, and available in rechargeables.
2. No incandescents. (my new checkpoint, since joining CPF)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Now, you say the 2 C is actually brighter with the EverLED? That's cool. And the EverLED is supposed to max out on brilliance with 3 cells. I might end up with an EverLED in a 3 C Mag after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a regular anodizing then you can remove it with a sodium hydroxide solution and some polishing. You'll never quite get all the dye out of the gripping stuff though. Then you can re-anodize and re-color any way you like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've never tried this on a Maglight, but I've seen it done to other aluminum pieces.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been posted before that the C MAg does not quite fit the InReTECH modules.

Do some searches to get further details

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked a little after reading your post, but I haven't found anything. I emailed Inretech, and asked about using 3 or 4, C or D cell Mags with the Super6.
I was told that the Trilight uses collimators which mate with the inside of the Mag lens. So that the distance from the bulb receptacle is critical. But that the Super6 is a "flat-face" mod, no collimators, and so it fits inside a C mag head. (or words to that effect)
I think AB got one recently in B/S/T, a 4 C Mag, with a Super6.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Target has several colors of M*gs. Problem is only 1AAA, 2AA, and 2-4D are what they carry.

My 2C (running 2 123As and a 4.8v bulb) is Silver and came from Home Depot. I could have gotten a purple one as well. But nothing "C" longer than 2.

I remember a Hardware store near downtown that had a LOT of M*gs... although it was at least 12 years ago that I was last there...

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
fc51cd51.jpg

More proof of their existence. It was on ebay.