Hex screw for Maglite

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Hi

This is my first maglite and im ready to do some mod but i dont know where to buy the tool to unscrew the switch.

Please show me some directions.

Thanks

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obviously, you would not want to buy a £330 r/c truck to get these tools. I buy mine from Modelsport. But, hex wrenches are available in practically every DIY store in the land (including Australia). You could pick up a whole set for next to no money. Online is probably not the best place for these things.

Dodge

Newly Enlightened
But beware that many sets don't go down that small. It's 2mm (which is kind of surprising given that it comes from that technological backwater known as the US - you'd have expected it to be 19/64ths of an inch, or something).

pertinax

Enlightened
BS. They're available at every hardware store in the world. At Wal-Mart, the sets cost $0.89.

Dodge

Newly Enlightened
Agreed - it shouldn't be hard to find one. But I was surprised to find that out of the five metric sets I have, only two went down that low.

Here's a nice looking single tool from DX if you're prepared to wait (slightly worrying that his micrometer says 2.35mm but I assume he's failed to zero it or isn't holding it tightly)