Please enlighten me...

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
I am doing my research and would like to ask the pros for advice... I work security at night and have been very pleased with my "STREAMLIGHT PROPOLYMER 3C" flashlight's performance the past year. I managed to break the Streamlight, and would like to know if there is anything that will out shine & out throw it in the SAME price range? I can not afford more than $30...

The perfect light for me would have excellent throw range, brightness, and not be too bulky. The smaller the better I say......

Help me acquire my new darkness shredder! ;)

BigD64

Enlightened
There are several options. For 30 bucks you can go to Lowes and get a Taskforce 3w cree it will put out about 150 lumens and runs on 2c batteries. It should put your Streamlight to shame. You can also check out the forums here for more input. You can for a little more money get a Surefire G2L (about 60 bucks) and have a light guaranteed for life.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your Streamlight flashlight may be repaired free by the manufacturer. Check with Streamlight before you trash it.

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
I am from CORPUS CHRISTI, TX and my Lowes doesn't carry the "CREE" version of their task force LED flashlight. They only have the luxeon... It doesn't even come up on their website either............

Is there any other place to get one of these?

GPB

Enlightened
I second the vote for the Task Force.

If you check out the model number on the Lowe's website, I think the one they have listed is the Cree version, even though it says Luxeon in the product description. If you go to the CPF thread on this light, it mentions the different serial number for the cree version. I believe the older one has an "M' in the middle of it and the newer one has an "N". Since the Corpus Christi website lists the one with the "N" you will probably be getting the cree one. Check their return policy before you order and return it if its not the right one.

I just kept checking my local Lowe's for a few months....eventually the new one showed up.

Latest posts