Surefire - My first bad experience.

Russianesq

Enlightened
This is not a thread to bash Surefire, just my story.

I do not think my story would qualify for Surefire True Stories.

I wanted a Surefire E2E with a tear drop bezel to add to my collection.

I checked out Surefire web page where the E2E with a tear drop bezel was available in Satin Gray ( http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/888/sesent/00 ) . To confirm that the light was in stock I called up Surefire and was assured by the sales agent that they had the tear drop bezel in Satin Gray version but not the Hard Anodized version.

A week later my order arrived and inside was a Satin Gray E2E with the anti roll bezel. What gives? I called up Surefire to explain that the only reason for the order was to get a tear drop bezel. After checking with the manager the customer service representative informed me that the Surefire web site had an old picture and that they currently do not have any E2E's with tear drop bezels.

So I will be sending my order back and paying the shipping costs but as of today Surefire still has not updated there web site. How long does it take to change a picture?

I am curious how many other products featured on there web site have similar discrepancies.

If anyone has a E2E with a tear drop bezel (new or used) that is interested in selling, drop me a PM.

Size15's

Flashaholic
...Surefire still has not updated there web site. How long does it take to change a picture?
How long is a piece of string?
It would not surprise me if the image is never updated.

I am curious how many other products featured on there web site have similar discrepancies.
Keeping SureFire.com up to date is a constant struggle - I do not envy SureFire one bit.

There is just too much going on, too quickly for information to be perfect.

I understand your frustration and empathise with your desire to have a very specific version of a product.

In this instance it would appear that CPF members could have assisted you to ensure your very specific requirements were satisfied.
As Flashaholics we are usually far more motivated and experienced helping ensure the details are just right.

Al

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sales person on the phone told you that it was the teardrop shape that they had in stock, and you were sent a product that was not as described. You have the right to return, for a full refund, including your shipping costs.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The sales person on the phone told you that it was the teardrop shape that they had in stock, and you were sent a product that was not as described. You have the right to return, for a full refund, including your shipping costs.
That may be a right we have in the UK but other countries may not be able to claim back the postage.

Russianesq

Enlightened
Even if the picture on the web site is wrong, the customer service person should have been able to tell by an internal inventory control system that the bezel was not a tear drop.

Although I am paying for postage, as long as I get a refund for my light I will chalk this experience to life not being fair at times. :mecry:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I don't think you should have to pay for return shipping charges... However nowhere in their return policy does it state that surefire WILL pay for return S/H. It merely states that they "can".

"Refunds
You will receive a credit via your original method of payment. Monetary refunds and/or product exchanges will only be granted on items purchased directly from SureFire, LLC. Please allow 10-14 business days for processing of returns and issuance of credit upon receipt. Please note that we can refund the initial shipping costs only if the return is a result of our error."

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/strfnbr/6/pgrfnbr/260

Sometimes the fine print is the most important piece of information on a document. That sucks... I do hope you find the teardrop bezel though.

Still, I think you should call their CS back and request a refund for the S/H... this time point out their own return policy, and make it a point that they "can" refund S/H in this case because they were in error.

Last edited:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire web site had an old picture

Surefire's Web site sucks. The search function is practically useless, and they're awful at product updates. I'm just guessing here, but it's probably some "old guy" at the company that can't see justification for spending company resources on keeping the site updated.

For all that "talk" about Surefire's strong marketing tactics, they sure did miss the boat on the Web!

Russianesq

Enlightened
Just got contacted by a fellow CPF member and bought E2E with tear drop bezel from him.

CPF = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just got contacted by a fellow CPF member and bought E2E with tear drop bezel from him.

CPF = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good to see that things worked out in the end, even without Surefire's help.

I've seen that pic before too. Just chalked it up to Surefire not updating the pic. I don't believe they've had any tear drop bezel lights for sale in years. Most likely the sales agent you spoke with isn't a flashaholic, and had no clue what you meant by "tear drop bezel." He just probably checked if Satin Gray E2Es were in stock, and told you yes.

Russianesq

Enlightened
Most likely the sales agent you spoke with isn't a flashaholic, and had no clue what you meant by "tear drop bezel." He just probably checked if Satin Gray E2Es were in stock, and told you yes.

When I initially placed the order, I had the sales agent go to the web site and pointed out the difference between the two E2E's.

When I called back I told the customer service rep what happened. Customer service rep checked with the manager to make sure there was no "tear drop bezel" somewhere around.

The letter with the light going back to Surefire had a long explanation as well.

When all is said and done, I think that what is pictured is what should be sold.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Interesting.. Whats the attraction to it? Is it worth much more because of that?

Surefire doesn't use that design anymore. Lights with that bezel are slowly becoming collector's items.

FredM

Enlightened
That design was "on sale" for a long time in the site because it was not the HAIII finish. I think for only 70 dollars.

Russianesq

Enlightened
... and after all the aggravation, here is a new member of the family
e2e-001.jpg

e2e-003.jpg