Mega Cheers to Fenix for their contribution to Chinas Quake

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm Asian and have quite a few family members in China, thankfully they are beyond the affected area.:grin2:

According to Shoudian.com
http://www.shoudian.com/viewthread.php?tid=50952&extra=page=1
translated by: me

Donation in object
Fenix donated 500 units of flashlights and 1000 units of batteries to the disaster area, a value close to 120,000 China Yuan. Sent from Fenix manufacturer directly to red cross in 深圳 City on 2008-5-15. The fenix team gave best wishes and hope that their product can be of help as soon as possible

Donation in currency
In addition to Fenix's donation of lights, the company also initiated another plan to donate sales profits from all of Chinas Fenix distributor and dealers. as of may 12 to august 31, for every flashlight fenix sells, 10 china yuan will be extracted from the profits and donated to the victims of the tragedy.

This deserves my cheer, and my gratitude. Thank you Fenix! :bow: :bow:

7.9 quake....:candle: :mecry: :grouphug:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
which model ,L2D or older Luxeon L2P put the Overstock to good use good job

Illum

Flashaholic
it didn't specify, but of the news that has been pouring out of China into Taiwan's news...Water, dry goods and Lighting appears to be the primary need:thinking:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mega kudos to you fenix! May your donations ease the recovery efforts and may you reap the rewards from your generosity.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, thats an amazing gesture, i was just watching the news, and thinking of how must more useful my L0D would be there....evidently fenix thinks the same way!

:wow::rock::clap::goodjob:

Crenshaw

Aluminous

Enlightened
I'm Asian and have quite a few family members in China, thankfully they are beyond the affected area.:grin2:

According to Shoudian.com
http://www.shoudian.com/viewthread.php?tid=50952&extra=page=1
translated by: me

Donation in object
Fenix donated 500 units of flashlights and 1000 units of batteries to the disaster area, a value close to 120,000 China Yuan. Sent from Fenix manufacturer directly to red cross in 深圳 City on 2008-5-15. The fenix team gave best wishes and hope that their product can be of help as soon as possible

Donation in currency
In addition to Fenix's donation of lights, the company also initiated another plan to donate sales profits from all of Chinas Fenix distributor and dealers. as of may 12 to august 31, for every flashlight fenix sells, 10 china yuan will be extracted from the profits and donated to the victims of the tragedy.

This deserves my cheer, and my gratitude. Thank you Fenix! :bow: :bow:

7.9 quake....:candle: :mecry: :grouphug:

Very nice of them! :) I was curious what that was in US dollars, here it is for anyone else who might be wondering:
10 Chinese yuan = $1.43 U.S. dollars
120,000 Chinese yuan = $17,137.44 U.S. dollars

I heard that the relatively 'good' news about this earthquake is that although it was even stronger than a big one that occurred in China in the 1970s, there were only about 10% as many casualties in this one, because they've been constructing sturdier buildings since then.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Illum_the_nation --

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

:thumbsup:

_

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great story! Thx for sharing, and I hope that aid gets to the victims quickly! (get those L0Ds shipped quick!)

Mayo

meuge

Enlightened
which model ,L2D or older Luxeon L2P put the Overstock to good use good job
I don't think that people in the dark care that their free LED light that is bright and lasts for hours, has an LED that's a year out of date.