Trustfire SCC P7-C Info

Nils

Newly Enlightened
Got my "900 Lumens" SCC P7 Flashlight yesterday.

However I feel it has still something left to be desired. Modded in a driver keeping to keep it from burning my hands as it had been completly direct driven before.

Now the Trustfire 2x18650 has popped up. According to trustfire's website it's actually regulated. Now if the regulation is any as good as on my 2x18650 Q5 light that would give a pretty constant output for the whole runtime. The driver is supposed to deliver 2,8A so it would give the P7 full power.

Now what really makes me worry is the heat. Will the bigger body allow the light to run constantly?

The small one I have needs really good ventilation (fan or mount on bike) when direct driven (modded a driver for about 1.2 Amps to give a usable runtime and managable heat while hoping to have a somewhat decent regulation...)

Or better wait for a multi-level 2x18650 light? Or go for a 3x, 4x or 5x Cree light?

To many questions.... arrr... I already feel like giving in...

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Buy Trustfire SCC P7-C 2x18650 + Info

That's link to Dealextreme site (not Trustfire). There's nothing about regulation.

mighty82

Enlightened

I don't think they have a website, but it has to be regulated right? I guess all their other 2x18650 lights have a proper circuit board?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know about website that's why I was suprised.
Their other 2x18650 lights have 7,4-17V circiut, smaller ones (2xRCR123) 3,6-9V and too low current to the led. It is posibble that they made new circiut board but it's also possible that it's resistored (max voltage 8,4V). Resistored 2x18650 is worse than 1x18650 DD.

Nils

Newly Enlightened

Here is the direct link to the flashlight details:
http://www.trustfire.com.cn/en_bigsee.asp?ArticleID=61

Now if it just had a "low" mode i'd be completly sold. 1x18650 doesnt seem to be a adequate format for the p7 besides from showing of. Runtime and heat just limit it to much (at least with my direct driven 1-mode).

As said in the before I ended up "castrating" my "900 Lumens" light with a cheap driver...

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I doubt if it's really regulated. According to its web site, it provides constant 2.8A and 2 hours of runtime. It doesn't sound right.

Alan

Wolf359

Enlightened

when i accessed the link given for trustfire.com.cn my mcafee AV detected JS/Exploit-PaCkEd trojan from the site anyone else get this warning ?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes...I got a warning from my Webroot Spy Sweeper program. I think it is normal spyware to let the website become a nuisance and send spam to you. I let my program block the site. I figure someone else will fill us in on the information.
when i accessed the link given for trustfire.com.cn my mcafee AV detected JS/Exploit-PaCkEd trojan from the site anyone else get this warning ?

Nils

Newly Enlightened

Yes the site IS infected. I looked through the code and sent Trustfire a email. Hopefully they can fix it. Will post the info in the next post.

@Alan: Think it could still be regulated. Let's try some math... If the led runs 3,6V * 2,8 Amps that's roughly 10 Watts. If we would use 3,6V and 2,4mAh for the batteries that would be about 8,6 Wh, so a little less than a hour per batterie. But depending on how hard the battery is driven it may have a higher starting voltage and thus a little higher capacity.

I managed to get 5 hours out of my 2x18650 Q5 Aurora with 2400mAh Trustfire batteries though I calculated it to be a little over 4 (with 3,6 for the batteries). And if the Q5 is driven at 1,2 to 1,4 A half the runtime may very well be correct.

So I think about 2 hours runtime could be ok.

(To long a post, sorry)

mighty82

Enlightened

I think i'm going to take the risk and order one. I have been waiting for a 2x18650 P7 light a while.

It's hard to understand what they are writing sometimes.. "Attack the head with the first design", will the design attack my head? :faint: And it has "dumb black sand surface" :confused:

Last edited:

Nils

Newly Enlightened

Here is the info from Trustfire.com.cn, hopefully infection free :drool::

" SSC P7 light tactical flashlight
1. Using the latest SSC High Power LED W724CO lights, up to 900 lumens brightness. Life as long as 10,000 hours!
2. Specifications: (mm) 210 mm (L) x 57 mm (head D) x 25 mm (Tongshen D)
Weight: 274 (g) changes: ON / OFF button switch tail.
3. Driver: intelligent control circuits, the constant current output; nominal current work: 2800 mA, a nominal operating voltage: 7.4 V, maximum operating voltage 8.4 V.
4. Battery compatibility good: the use of two 18,650 (17,670) 18,500 battery or two lithium batteries, torch Tongshen a length of tube, you can change the length, 2400 mAh capacity of the battery, use the time more than two hours above.
5. Condenser system: professional personnel design, reflective aluminum metal cup orange peel perfect spot.
6. Case Material: T6061 aviation aluminum, all-metal shell of CNC production.
7. Exterior treatment: Army regulations three sclerosis treatment, color: black.
8. Attack the head with the first design, dumb black sand surface feel good, anti-skid in place. All waterproof design, water depth of 10 meters.
The world, no one can look directly at its light to attack the enemy to cover their own results."

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

Detailed material SSC P7 light tactical flashlight
1. Using the latest SSC High Power LED W724CO lights, up to 900 lumens brightness. Life as long as 10,000 hours!
2. Specifications: (mm) 210 mm (L) x 57 mm (head D) x 25 mm (Tongshen D)
Weight: 274 (g) changes: ON / OFF button switch tail.
3. Driver: intelligent control circuits, the constant current output; nominal current work: 2800 mA, a nominal operating voltage: 7.4 V, maximum operating voltage 8.4 V.
4. Battery compatibility good: the use of two 18,650 (17,670) 18,500 battery or two lithium batteries, torch Tongshen a length of tube, you can change the length, 2400 mAh capacity of the battery, use the time more than two hours above.
5. Condenser system: professional personnel design, reflective aluminum metal cup orange peel perfect spot.
6. Case Material: T6061 aviation aluminum, all-metal shell of CNC production.
7. Exterior treatment: Army regulations three sclerosis treatment, color: black.
8. Attack the head with the first design, dumb black sand surface feel good, anti-skid in place. All waterproof design, water depth of 10 meters.
The world, no one can look directly at its light to attack the enemy to cover their own results.

I couldn't help myself, I pulled the trigger on this one.

Nils

Newly Enlightened

Guess I made it TO appealing now. Arr now I have to order one myself before you snag them all. :mad:

At least with the Wf-500 body I can use it to smack myself over the head if it turns out to be a bummer :banghead:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

I had the single 18670 C8 P7 ordered. Actually I had it in my hand. I had gone to to the coffee shop and placed a rather large drink order, so I decided to pick up my DX parcel from the PO across the street. As I was carrying half of the drinks back to my vehicle, I placed the the P7 on the top of my sizable rear tire on my Excursion. I went back and got the rest of the drinks and left. Later this afternoon, I went to my truck to get my package. Where the heck is it, I thought -- then I remembered. I drove back uptown. Nowhere to be seen and no one brought it in to the store. Oh well, I probably backed over it anyway. I could have rolled over that thing and not felt the least bump in Big Red.

Still, I wish I had found the remains. I was mostly curious to see how a Chinese light would fair after having been run over by a 9000 lb. truck. The world may never know.

I never even looked in or opened the package!

mighty82

Enlightened

I had the single 18670 C8 P7 ordered. Actually I had it in my hand. I had gone to to the coffee shop and placed a rather large drink order, so I decided to pick up my DX parcel from the PO across the street. As I was carrying half of the drinks back to my vehicle, I placed the the P7 on the top of my sizable rear tire on my Excursion. I went back and got the rest of the drinks and left. Later this afternoon, I went to my truck to get my package. Where the heck is it, I thought -- then I remembered. I drove back uptown. Nowhere to be seen and no one brought it in to the store. Oh well, I probably backed over it anyway. I could have rolled over that thing and not felt the least bump in Big Red.

Still, I wish I had found the remains. I was mostly curious to see how a Chinese light would fair after having been run over by a 9000 lb. truck. The world may never know.

I never even looked in or opened the package!
Now that's a sad story :(

Nils

Newly Enlightened

Darn, good I always go by bicycle so that can't happend to me.

But actually I think chances of at least part of it having survied weren't to bad. If the object is small enough a big tire driven relativly slowly is rather soft.

My mother once managed to drive over the foot of a friend of mine while backing out of a parking spot. She managed noting it and stopping the car when she was right on top of it...

Nevertheless: No harm done. Though that was a BMW 3 sedan. But I guess the flashlight would take more than a foot...

However you didn't miss much. As stated above: I have that ligth and needed to add a driver to keep it from burning my hands or having to carry around a fan...

Besides: Trustfire SCC P7 ordered. Huh, only the 4th HK light this month (KD V4, C8 P7, dx R2 buckle light...) I hope nothing new exciting (flashlight wise) comes around before winter....

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, the virus issue is not fixed, here's what I got today

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.trustfire.com.cn has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened

Good News!!

When I got home last night, there was a message on my machine from the nice lady at the PO. It seems some other nice lady found my parcel in the parking lot of the coffee house and returned it to the PO! You gotta love the small town.

Well, I had to go pick up a package from Gene Malkoff at the PO any way (sig required and No one's at home during the day), so I also picked up my P7 -- it was fine! No, it wasn't run over. It must have fallen beside the tire. Then, when I got home, there were my new forward clickie switches from FenixStore.

Now I have some things to play with while I wait for my Lummi Raw Al that's in transit.

The P7 wouldn't work out of the packaging. The solder at the positve end protrudes too much and does not allow the positive end of a protected 18670 to make contact. I'll have to make a little solder nub. Something else to keep me occupied.