Another thread on the Fenix L0D-Q4...sorry

lengendcpf

Enlightened

warlord

Enlightened
I think the driver circuit is rated for 1.2-3v which would exclude 10440 from being safe. If you put a 10440 in an LOD you're voiding the warranty.

Why does Lighthound falsely advertise 10440's as being compatible? I could only guess.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
A lot of people use 10440's in their L0D's and find they have no problem. It sounds like LightHound is going to backup their L0D's with the warranty even if you use 10440's. Sounds like a good deal to me. They have a very good reputation. I've gotten very fast and good service from them in the past including a quick return. I trust them.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
A lot of CPF members have reported success running the L0D with a 10440 battery, which by all accounts gives impressive results.

However, the circuit is being overdriven and only time will tell how long the light will last. If you wish to try it, you do so at your own risk as you definitely void the warranty.

jbviau

Enlightened
One interesting thing I noticed is that Lighthound's description of the L0D Q4 specifically mentions compatibility with 3.6v 10440s like the Ultrafires. The 10440 I got from AW is 3.7v. I wonder if Lighthound has reason to believe this small difference might affect the Fenix's performance?

Alan F

Newly Enlightened
I've never been one to want to risk a lithium in my Fenix. If my Avenger was a bit more reliable I would love it. When it's working, how can I say, it's BRILLIANT. Unfortunately it took me two days to get it working, button only so it's a bit long, and now the switch is getting very iffy.
So, are there any twist AAA models that will run on a protected 10440 that have a quality feel like the Fenix? (is it the battery or the torch circuit that's protected?)
Cheers.
Alan.

jbviau

Enlightened
I don't think there's such a thing as a protected 10440. There *are* lights that are designed to handle the higher voltage of an unprotected 10440, e.g. the Liteflux LF2. For what it's worth, my L0D Q4 works pretty much fine (and is insanely bright) with this cell. I just don't leave it on high for more than a minute or so at a time.

HKJ

Flashaholic

Alan F

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the links. The Liteflux looks pretty cool (but then so did my Avenger!). I think what I meant by protected was the discharge protection. I'm fed up of running the Avenger too low and then having a right fight to get the battery charged again.
Alan.