ARC LS-TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear you're pleased. I also ordered one from TAD. I felt I had to because the price was so good. It's due to arrive Tuesday.

But I've been having second thoughts because it's a "standard." I'm hoping that I will be as thrilled as you are.

pyramus

Newly Enlightened
This is a low dome standard light as advertised on the site. I recently receiced the LS-2(high dome standard) from TAD for 82.00(plus change). I have also ordered the LSH-P from Meridian Tactical for 114.95(shipping included). I ordered the Premium LS light because the performance of the Limited Edition Arc AAA lights proved to me that "you get what you pay for". I love my Arc AAA's but the Premiums are a much whiter light. My Arc LS2 doesn't compare to my E1e+KL1. I guess that what I'm saying is that I feel that one would probably be better off purchasing the Premium series of the Arc line. I can not understand why the Arc has an obvious diamond shape while a Surefire KL1 has a round center beam.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I can not understand why the Arc has an obvious diamond shape while a Surefire KL1 has a round center beam."

The diamond shape is the characteristic look of the High Dome LS. The KL1 uses a Low Dome Luxeon which has the smoother beam with less of a hotspot than the High Dome Luxeon.

If you don't like the diamaond shape or "circle in square in circle" beam pattern, I am afraid you are not going to enjoy your LSH-P. On the bright side, it most likely will be brighter and whiter than your LS-2. Also, you will find that your LSH-P will have more 'throw' than your KL-1.

If you like the beam pattern of your KL1 more, you should get the LSL-P (also a LD luxeon). It would have a beam like the KL1 but would probably be whiter due to the Luxeons used by Arc.

I have no doubt if you don't like your LSH-P that you will be able to sell it or trade it for a LSL-P. However, the beam may grow on you. I like mine alot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pat

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
pyramus said:

"I can not understand why the Arc has an obvious diamond shape while a Surefire KL1 has a round center beam."

Could the reason for the diamond shape of the LSHP beam be that it projects an image (focused by the high-dome lens) of the shape of the square surface of thr glowing part of the LED?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
paul: that probably is the case. when i use a magnifying glass in front of my arc AAA to focus the beam, i get an image of the die on the wall which is square shaped, with the two shadows of the wires on both sides /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pyramus

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. That diamond shape just irritates me. I guess I may be comparing apples to oranges(low dome vs high dome). I'll check out the LSH-P and if it is as you say treek13, I'll sell it to get the LSL-P

Status
Not open for further replies.