Klarus        
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107110111112113114115116117
Results 3,481 to 3,486 of 3486

Thread: Small Portable Radio's?

Default Re: Small Portable Radio's?

Well you'll need a good radio while you're laying there recovering, hang in there; if I had to start from scratch today, I'd just get a CCRadio 3 and be done with it. Those older DX units are legends without question, but to get a copy and get it to stock condition would be more money and effort than just shelling out the $200 for a new radio with a warranty.

Does anyone have experience with the Kaito KA700? It using a standard 18650 makes it very appealing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Kaito KA700? It using a standard 18650 makes it very appealing to me.
    The aforementioned Tecsun PL-880 is an 18650 radio; its passive radiator speaker and feature set are geared for better DXing and casual listening than the Kaito, but the Kaito is more suited to emergency/no power scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    The aforementioned Tecsun PL-880 is an 18650 radio; its passive radiator speaker and feature set are geared for better DXing and casual listening than the Kaito, but the Kaito is more suited to emergency/no power scenarios.
    Thank you, thatís a high quality option. I really like the Bluetooth compatibility on the kaito tho. If the tecsun has that it would be a homerun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    Thank you, thatís a high quality option. I really like the Bluetooth compatibility on the kaito tho. If the tecsun has that it would be a homerun
    The catch is that the Kaito's speaker doesn't hold a candle to the Tecsun's; the Kaito is going to sound as you would expect, whereas the Tecsun is literally the same design as a standalone Bluetooth speaker, on par with a modest bookshelf/monitor speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    The catch is that the Kaito's speaker doesn't hold a candle to the Tecsun's; the Kaito is going to sound as you would expect, whereas the Tecsun is literally the same design as a standalone Bluetooth speaker, on par with a modest bookshelf/monitor speaker.
    Iím hoping the ka900 is a compromise

Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107110111112113114115116117