NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 3573

Thread: Small Portable Radio's?

Default Re: Small Portable Radio's?

AM is just fine the way it is. The one station that I regularly listen to (oldies) used to have an online presence to stream, or look up songs on their playlist, but recently has been oos. They still play the long version of American Pie.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Not exactly a radio, but... among other features you may listen to Air Band and FM with it. The KG-UV9D+ model may work a repeater.

Perhaps, the only Chinese manufacturer where specification fully corresponds to a real device.
    I've been looking at something similar to that from Baofeng.. I didn't realise they covered AM airband.
    Andy - G7MJV

Have been listening to my Sangean DT-400W and Retekess PR15 more lately and it's amazing how better the sound is on the PR15. Took the PR15 to listen to during my lunch break and the music sounded great. Substituted the DT-400W the next day and regretted the switch. You can't beat push button tuning with the Sangean, and presets, and the two AA eneloop batter life (that's a LOT going for it lol) - but sound wise there's no comparison, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Have been listening to my Sangean DT-400W and Retekess PR15 more lately and it's amazing how better the sound is on the PR15. Took the PR15 to listen to during my lunch break and the music sounded great. Substituted the DT-400W the next day and regretted the switch. You can't beat push button tuning with the Sangean, and presets, and the two AA eneloop batter life (that's a LOT going for it lol) - but sound wise there's no comparison, imho.
    This is why a bluetooth (stereo) transmitter in one of these radios would rock as you could then pair it with whatever speaker you wanted to.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    bluetooth (stereo) transmitter...
    No interest in that. It may be a thing, but it's not my thing.

Dusted off my Grado headphones (RS1, RS225, & RS80) and every one of the pads were deteriorating / falling apart and had to be thrown out. I still had a pair of yellow Sennheiser HD414 pads and they got put on the RS80s, and now are on the RS225. The RS80s come with a 3.5mm jack. With my vintage iPod nano 5th generation (w/Fm tuner), was listening to some FM classical and it sounded good.

Have been listening to a local AM oldies station using the speakers of a Sangean DT-400W and a Tecsun R-233, and the Tecsun wins out every time. A beautiful sound playing music. Like todderbert 2017 review says in the first video post comments below: true analog tuning is the only way to go. Got mine from Anon-Co for 15 bucks and change a couple years ago, and it's not even for sale now (don't see any on ebay either). Follow up review a year later (2018) is on the bottom.

Last edited by 5S8Zh5; 11-08-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Another side by side speaker only + reception comparison: Sony ICF-P26 vs Tecsun R-233 on the local oldies AM station. No contest - the Tecsun shines with better sound and it brings in the station more clearly. I did take the P26 to a ball game and it did very well with ear buds listening to the game being called. No ball games curing co vid, so the R-233 will have to wait for that test.

Your Tecsun R-233 is, I think, kind of the big brother of my little Kaito KA-200. It also offers great reception and surprising clear audio for such a tiny radio. Almost puts some of the big boys to shame.

By the way, I'm missing StarHalo's input on radios and other stuff. Hope he hasn't given up on CPF.

Geoff

Flashaholic*

Yikes! No posts in almost 5 weeks!

Anyway, I hope all you wonderful folks who have contributed to this thread and who been so entertaining, informative, and so generous to me, have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year even in these troubled times.

I spoke to Vlado to thank him for the timely tuning of my 7600, and 2010 since we had a snowstorm here...wasnít necessary for the 6Ē dusting we got. But it was nice to feel prepared for the worst
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

What kind of tuning did your radio's require.

Bill

Capacitors needed replacement. Tuning was a bit off. Bunch of stuff listed in the email he sent I could forward to you

Pleas do. I havea7600.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Pleas do. I havea7600.

Bill
    Sent you a message

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    I spoke to Vlado to thank him for the timely tuning of my 7600, and 2010 since we had a snowstorm here...wasnít necessary for the 6Ē dusting we got. But it was nice to feel prepared for the worst

How do you like the 2010? Any regrets?

I thought it was a good deal based on the pictures. Did Vlado change out the LED in the display?

I'm not sure if you are aware of 2010 users group but if not here is the link.

https://groups.io/g/SonyICF20102001Dusergroup
    Last edited by Lebkuecher; 12-22-2020 at 09:29 PM.

The 2010 was my most used radio. I picked up a lot of coast guard calls way back when. Itís just simple and intuitive. He didnít do the light upgrade but said he would if I return it.

Flashaholic*

Has anyone tried Vondior analog as an alternative to Tecsun r233?

..at same price range, wondering if speaker quality is also equal in comparison
    Last edited by knucklegary; 12-25-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Below Is a picture of my smallest radio, the yaesu vx1r located on the right of my edc carry. It has a wide frequency coverage of 500-1700 kHz plus 76 - 999 MHz (cellular blocked), which includes AM BC, FM BC,and public safety. Sma adapter to bnc on it which helps with quick antenna connections. i've been a licensed ham operator since 97' and I love using my radios. I have an elecraft kx3, Ft817, xiegue x5105 , vx7r, vx8dr, ft1d and a slew of others I use.

I have a few videos online and here is one showing How I use it. https://youtu.be/RCVDUQG9hrE I remember posting in here a few years back but I forgot if there are any other ham radio operators here?

Unenlightened

Kaito KA500 is a really nice emergency radio. It is easy to carry around in emergencies, hiking, camping, and hunting trips. Solid little radio, perfect for garage & emergency use.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrosoccer View Post
    I remember posting in here a few years back but I forgot if there are any other ham radio operators here?
    Iím not sure how many others there are, but Iím a ham too.

I'm also a ham.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Default Small Portable Radio's?

I eat ham
    Bacon
    Pork rinds
    Pernil
    Last edited by aginthelaw; 01-05-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Flashaholic*

You haven't lived til you've eaten pickled pigs feet

I stopped eating them after my grandpa passed. Heís the only person to make it perfect. And my grandma was a chef!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I'm also a ham.
    Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    I eat ham
    Bacon
    Pork rinds
    Pernil
    I knew that was coming!

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    You haven't lived til you've eaten pickled pigs feet
    I love Ďem but you canít get good ones anymore.

Been a ham since 2015. I don't come here often, anymore, but I am another member who has learned a lot from the people posting in this thread. Cheers to all, and stay safe.
    "However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -- Stanley Kubrick

Flashaholic*

Wish I could contribute more to this thread but with everything happening nowadays and my lack of knowledge of shortwave radios and such, I miss this thread that covered everything in between.

Enlightened

Anyone played with HanRongDa radios?

I picked up two, an HRD-104 which is simple AM/FM (anyone know how to change it into 10 kHz AM tuning mode? ) and an HRD-737, which is an interesting multiband radio that does HF and CB as well as wide VHF reception plus your normal AM/FM. As a ham, I thought the latter might make an interesting scanner-type of radio, though I can't get it to tune into standard 2m band frequencies very well (like our repeater frequencies). It needs a tuning granularity adjustment that I don't know how to do (or if it can be done).

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    I picked up two, an HRD-104 which is simple AM/FM (anyone know how to change it into 10 kHz AM tuning mode?
    Fast forward to 3:38 on this YouTube video and you will see the instructions on changing the steps from 9Khz to 10Khz

Would like to hear your opinion of the HDR 737 when you get a chance.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109112113114115116117118119120 LastLast