3 Watt Cree, 3 CR123, Spot to Flood Optics, 4 Mode "Cornea (Hi)" by Gerber

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 3 Watt Cree, 3 CR123, Spot to Flood Optics, 4 Mode "Cornea (Hi)" by Gerber

I haven't had the opportunity to try a Gerber light. If they're anything like the knives, I think I'll pass.

maxa beam

Banned

Surefire's method of focusing is the only real method I could imagine which would leave no artifacts or drastically decrease output.

Plus, lower output on it. And that's without an integrating sphere.

No combatgrip.
coughcoughOhgodaPUSHBUTTONcough
Less levels.

No battery indicator.

Large.
ERRGH.

Gerber's products don't have a great reputation, atleast with me.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Gerber's products don't have a great reputation
I have two of their lights, but not the Cornea Hi. Fit and finish are very nice, considering the low price.

Wonder how it's spot to flood compares with the SureFire UA2 Optimus.
Comparing a $60 light to one costing $280 is a bit of a stretch.

yekim

Enlightened

I have two of their lights, but not the Cornea Hi. Fit and finish are very nice, considering the low price.

Comparing a $60 light to one costing $280 is a bit of a stretch.

We do it all the time. We especially compare $60 import lights like the Gerber to more expensive lights. I think it is a past time here.

3-watt Cree LED is nearly indestructable and has a lifespan rated at 50,000 hrs.
Narrow main cylinder fits securely in your hand; push-button control lets you switch between high, medium, low and strobe settings
Flashlight throws light an astounding 178m (584 ft.) on high for excellent nighttime visibility
Head of flashlight rotates, letting you adjust from spot to flood, depending on your lighting needs
Anodized aluminum body resists abrasion and maintains an attractive appearance
Three CR123 lithium batteries (included) provide up to 20 hrs. of operation on low and 5.5 hrs. on high
Regulated output provides even lighting throughout the lifespan of the batteries

If even half of all the performance claims are true then it might be a worth while light. Then again it is Gerber and the only thing I own from them is IU's, and one old pocket knife that is sentimental.

Last edited:

Mercaptan

Enlightened

Not all Gerber products are imported; I have an 06 Auto knife that is USA made, and it's a work of art.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have many Gerber lights and they are all top quality, but not the brightest flashlights you can buy. The Infinity Ultra is one light I use every day. I have not tried this Cornea, but tried the original one which runs off of 2 AA's. It was built very well but the focusing mechanism on it did not work at all so I returned it. I do not think I will be buying this one as it uses 3 CR123's and looks like it may have the same head.

Mike

Fat Boy

Enlightened

I am a complete noob at this but I like the light. I bought it at Cabela's in their discount section and have personally been very pleased. It has three levels of intensity that I find very usable. There is a fourth mode that strobes, I'm not sure what purpose this is for. The focusing head works very smooth and I find it spot to flood a major plus. I has some kind of custom lens that focuses the beam. I am very surpised at the distance of the beam when in spot. It seems very well built and has a very nice knob on the end with a lanyard hole. seems well constructed. I like it more than any meg light I have every purchased. I am not of fan of the switch personally. The switch is even with the contour of the flashlight and in the dark the only way to find the switch is to feel for the rubber surface compared to the metal, with gloves this would be frustrating. Lastly, I like the size and shape.

Sorry I can't help anymore, and I really dont have many lights to compare this too at the level of most of you so take this for what it's worth......a noobs oppionion.

ram0n20

Newly Enlightened

hi...that's my first post,,,,and im not expert,,,,but i do have one cornea hi ,,,,whith im really satisfect with,,,,it has a really nice beam lest long baterry and very good spot to flood,good quality finishing,,,outputs 100 lms....the only thing that i would change in this flash light is ,make it to have a little tighter beam,this way it would have a longer range,,,,but so far im happy very good deal...