Fenix Powerpack 4-in-1

pd54

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a Fenix L1P that I've liked, but am thinking of getting the Powerpack that has the P2D and the L1D with the Q5. Anyone who owns the powerpack - how do you like it?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't have it but I can say that it will be brighter then the L1P.

From what I've heard, it's a pretty useful kit. AA or CR123, easy to use multimode, current gen LED.

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
I've got one, my first "high powered" light. I have been switching between the AA and 123 to see which one feels better. The threads on the 123 are a little looser in fit than the AA body. Haven't tried out the candle yet.

pd54

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else? Think I'm gonna order it tomorrow unless I hear something horrible about it :duh2:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine a few days ago. Absolutely get one before they run out.

See this thread for details.

I suggest adding the L2D body for $12 more to bring your total over $75 for free shipping.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I currently have a Fenix L1P that I've liked, but am thinking of getting the Powerpack that has the P2D and the L1D with the Q5. Anyone who owns the powerpack - how do you like it?

I have the powerpack and believe it was a mistake to buy it. Instead buy both the P2D and the L1D!
What use is a empty flashlight body? :crazy:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the powerpack and believe it was a mistake to buy it. Instead buy both the P2D and the L1D!
What use is a empty flashlight body? :crazy:
Wow I don't understand your logic...

Having an emtpy flashlight body & tail means the user can switch battery types on a whim, depending on what's available.

The only advantage to buying the P2D and L1D separately is having 2 Q5 heads, which means one head will rarely get used since the user is going to prefer one light to use all the time.

I do have the P2D body which I don't use often, and use the L1D light more frequently. I also have an entire L2D which gets used as a back up / holy cow light when I really need it for turbo.

Buying the 4in1 is a great idea for anyone looking for versatility and practicality. :thumbsup:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Wow I don't understand your logic...

Having an emtpy flashlight body & tail means the user can switch battery types on a whim, depending on what's available.

The only advantage to buying the P2D and L1D separately is having 2 Q5 heads, which means one head will rarely get used since the user is going to prefer one light to use all the time.

I do have the P2D body which I don't use often, and use the L1D light more frequently. I also have an entire L2D which gets used as a back up / holy cow light when I really need it for turbo.

Buying the 4in1 is a great idea for anyone looking for versatility and practicality. :thumbsup:

And i don't understand your logic:thinking:.

I have no problem getting both battery types, and I can see no reason to switch body. I believe it is better to get two small flashlights, both very good.

Now I have a L1D body laying around and nothing to use it for, in the Fenix picture thread somebody even believed it was a modified L1D :laughing:, not just a body.

But this is also a question about how your use your lights, do your like to play lego with them, or do your prefer all the lights to be in working order.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Hmm... interesting debate about whether to purchase two complete lights or one light with various battery tubes.

I have the 4-in-1 light along with many other Fenix lights; On the one hand, it cost $74 to purchase the 4-in-1 which, as previously indciated, gives me a P2D head, 1CR123 / 1AA bodies and a diffuser. Purchasing these lights separately would cost me $125 ie. L1D CE $60 + P2D Q5 $60 + diffuser $5).

On the other hand, I currently have an older P2D (Q2 I think) head which I currently use with the L1D (1AA) body for around the house and I also edc the newer P2D Q5 head with the P2D (1CR123) body. So, if I didn't have the additional P2D head, then I would have to swap out the head in order to use the L1D body.

So, is it more usable to have a franken-light with multiple attachments or two separate lights? I would say that the 4-in-1 is a good deal and a cheaper way to check out different battery types and to tailor the light for a more specific purpose (whether that is necessary is debatable but, to each, his own), such as edc where you want a small light. For me, I like the P2D Q5 head but I probably would not have purchased the full L1D CE light so having the additional body lets me use 1AA's as an alternative - it just so happens that I have an older P2D head so it just saves me the hassle... but that didn't prevent me from trying out all my Fenix parts in different configurations... :D. My next purchase: an L2D body!:thumbsup:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i bought the four in one pack and have never used the p1d battery tube outside of the day i received it. aa is just so much more practical and holds more energy for only a 1/2 inch size penalty. plus i like it's form better.

get a l1d q5

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep it simple. Get the L1T v2.0 and a P2D body and tailcap from FenixStore, and ignore those silly strobes and SOS modes, and the "turbo" mode on the L1D, which isn't much higher than the "high" mode (there's a big diference in output between "turbo" and "high" on the CR123a powered P2D, though.

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
i bought the four in one pack and have never used the p1d battery tube outside of the day i received it. aa is just so much more practical and holds more energy for only a 1/2 inch size penalty. plus i like it's form better.

get a l1d q5

Concur.

Bought five 4-in-1 packs for work. Issued them out to field technicians, and not a single one of them uses the P2D body even though they have free access to whichever primaries. The difference is performance is just too marginal and not noticeable for the applications they have.

Personally, for our uses, the L1D would be fine as it is - make it only dual or triple mode, low/med/high and you'd have a winner.