2AA tube for SureFire?

Dobbler

Enlightened
Anyone make a black anodized tube for SureFire E series? So I could use two AA batteries with an E1B head/tailcap for example... :duh2:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 3x123 tube made by Tranquillitybase. It will use two AA's or three 123's. It works perfect with my KL1 head.
Any 3x123 "E" series tube should work in this fashion.

yekim

Enlightened
I have a 3x123 tube made by Tranquillitybase. It will use two AA's or three 123's. It works perfect with my KL1 head.
Any 3x123 "E" series tube should work in this fashion.

I feel stupid for not realizing that sooner. A whole host of build projects just came to mind as I prefer 2xAA formats.... Drop ins are inexpensive and easy to build, and so are p60 hosts. Most AA lights are as chubby as 123 lights anyhow, so thickness won't be much of a concern.......

BigD64

Enlightened
Surefire may be coming out with AA tubes in the near future. I have heard of the existence of a prototype. I will post if I get to see it. Check this thread Tuesday.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Surefire may be coming out with AA tubes in the near future. I have heard of the existence of a prototype. I will post if I get to see it. Check this thread Tuesday.
I wouldn't hold my breath - that's been around for a while.

Aluminous

Enlightened

Well, it's Tuesday... any luck? :)

boosterboy

Enlightened
SF-EILAA-500.jpg

prototype

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't think of any black options off hand, but a few gray/olive/natural solutions come to mind...
  • Vital Gear FB3 (don't know if they ever made it in black)
  • Valiant Concepts E-Extender + any 2x123 E-series body
  • Custom 3x123 body like the McLux, DSpeck UBH, etc.
I'd like to see fivemega make a 2AA version of his 18500 E-series body.

txgp17

Enlightened
I'd like to see a handle that holds 6 AA's in a 3 column format, wired in series, designed to accept P60/P90 bulbs. A guy could use it to run P60 bulbs (with two dummy cells), P90 bulbs, or almost any voltage regulated drop in.

Last edited:

knifebright

Enlightened
I've seen it around here somewere in 4+years about folks wanting AA surefires, somone had put a p60/61/90/91 in a Maglight.

It wouldn't bother/effect me at all if surefire made aa lights but I woulnd't buy one anyway. Its just not there nitch.

who knows though!!

what about using an ARC 2xAA tube with either cutting the coller or with an ARC body>C adapter??

jimmy

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'd like to see a handle that holds 6 AA's in a 3 column format, wired in series, designed to accept P60/P90 bulbs. A guy could use it to run P60 bulbs (with two dummy cells), P90 bulbs, or almost any voltage regulated drop in.

that would be kind of interesting... would there be any advantage over a 2x18650 arrangement?

Dobbler

Enlightened
It's shocking that no one has made 2xx tubes for E1x series lights. You'd think the massive runtime benefits (2x) would be worth machining a tube.