Bright Star Razor

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
It's probably direct drive with maybe a resistor in there, and at the 100 hour mark it will be very dim, but it looks tempting, if you want a "plastic" bodied light that runs on common batteries.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
No Regulation.No Buy.

But on a serious note, it will probably only operate at maximum brightness for the first 15/30 minutes..After that, diminishing brightness.

I wouldnt buy it.

-Aaron

Meltdown

Enlightened
I had one for a day then sold it to the first guy I showed it too. it appeared to be suprisingly well built considering the dirt cheap price. and it put out a really respectable beam as well. Didn't have a chance to do a long burn on it but I left it to shine at the ceiling for more than an hour and it appeared almost as bright at the hour+ mark. then again that's a very un scientific way to do a test. you can really get a grip on it so it could make for a good cold weather/gloves light. since I'm a dealer for them I think I'll get another and do a quickie review.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that it has a side switch. I asked Greg at Brightguy if he had any surprise cheap lights about two weeks ago...he named this one. Said it was nice. He didn`t know if it was regulated but said he had e-mailed them to find out more info.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that it has a side switch. I asked Greg at Brightguy if he had any surprise cheap lights about two weeks ago...he named this one. Said it was nice. He didn`t know if it was regulated but said he had e-mailed them to find out more info.

Maybe I'll get one. I'd probably use nimh AAs anyway, so the potential lack of regulation wouldn't be that big a deal.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like plastic lights that are well made and feel they are better in wet and cold conditions, especially working around electricity. However, this one is way too large for the runtime 3AA cells will provide.

DaveG

Enlightened
I e-mailed Greg, at Brightguy about the led in it.He got back to me today saying it is made by Seoul semiconductor.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This actually looks like a good light for a decent price. I like the style and side switch is good for non tactical users. DD is fine with NiMH.