PayPal question

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed an order with a site, I had $25+ in my PP account but the total order amount came to $26+.

I recall in the past that they have just taken the $1+ from my bank to cover the charge. But they ended up doing an E-check for the full amount.
Thinking about it now this has happened before.

Why do they do it this way? And it appears to me that I still have the original $25+ on my PP available?
I sure wish they had a 1-800 number to call and be able to ask these questions.
I looked into cancelling the bank transfer and just placing the order on my card, but once initiated they will not allow you to cancel a transfer.

Looks to me like PPs way of making you keep funds in the PP account so they can rake in more interest on the funds they hold for you.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's how they get you.

I think I remember reading about a way to link it to a money market account.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed an order with a site, I had $25+ in my PP account but the total order amount came to $26+.

I recall in the past that they have just taken the $1+ from my bank to cover the charge. But they ended up doing an E-check for the full amount.
Thinking about it now this has happened before.

Why do they do it this way? And it appears to me that I still have the original $25+ on my PP available?
I sure wish they had a 1-800 number to call and be able to ask these questions.
I looked into cancelling the bank transfer and just placing the order on my card, but once initiated they will not allow you to cancel a transfer.

Looks to me like PPs way of making you keep funds in the PP account so they can rake in more interest on the funds they hold for you.

I never transfer money into the PP account anymore. When I pay I just use a checking account that has the money. It comes straight out of the checking account.:thinking:

Wattnot

Enlightened
You need to check your "secondary funding options." It actually told you what it was going to do but their screens are confusing and have tiny fonts and fine print nobody wants to read.

Paypal HATES using your credit card to pay others. It cuts into their bottom line. Even after setting the credit card for a default payment method, it always uses paypal balance first, then your bank. I'm not sure why the E-check came up, that's why I'm saying to check your options.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can always change your funding option to credit card even if you have paypal balance. They make you go through some confirmation screen where they try to make you use bank instead, but will eventually let you use credit card.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, card info out of date.
got it updated, hope this cures the problem,
thanks for steering me in the right direction.