• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Arc AAA modded by LED_ASAP for Sale

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have had this for a few weeks now, and It's a cool little light.

It either has a Luxeon I or Luxeon III. Warm tinted, looks like a K2TFFC tint.
Body Is in ok shape with some wear and scratches, has been used.
I would call this 65-70%
Runs of AAA batteries.
Great EDC keychain light

Asking $40 Shipped.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 2hrs I think.

Anywho, condition is worse than I described after checking it out a bit more closely.

Price Reduced

Rudi

Enlightened
I have an Arc-AAA modded by LedASAP. On an alkaline cell it drops very gradually. It reaches 50% in about 5 hours (same as the unmodded light). On a lithium cell the runtime is slightly longer to 50%, but the brightness drop is negligible (behaves almost like a regulated light) for a long time. This is from memory -- I ran these tests a couple of years back.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Arc-AAA modded by LedASAP. On an alkaline cell it drops very gradually. It reaches 50% in about 5 hours (same as the unmodded light). On a lithium cell the runtime is slightly longer to 50%, but the brightness drop is negligible (behaves almost like a regulated light) for a long time. This is from memory -- I ran these tests a couple of years back.

That sounds about right. As for the lithium AAA cell (which is a PRIMARY cell, made by Energizer for folks who might not know about these), the discharge curve is pretty flat, like Rudi said... think of it as a kind of poor man's regulation! :)

Also, for CPF young'uns, back in the day LED_ASAP was basically the king of tiny Luxeon mods... he worked his magic on a number of ArcAAA hosts and if memory serves, also some ArcAA and maybe other similar-sized lights. His work was top-notch... he had a real talent with those tiny bodies. Skalo's light is a piece of LED history, CPF history, example of some pretty fine workmanship by a great old-school modder, and the icing on the cake... it's still a darned usable light even in this day of uber-bright Seoul and Cree and Rebel! For the asking price, I'd imagine somebody is going to be very happy.

Oh yeah, bump for a crazy seller and all-around great guy! :thumbsup:

Rudi

Enlightened
By the way, the Led_ASAP modded Arc-AA is another masterpiece. Although only slightly brighter than the AAA in lumens (ceiling-bounce test) it appears about twice as bright due to its beautifully center-weighted floody beam being more concentrated, not nearly as wide across as the AAA's beam due tp its deeper reflector, although still very wide by conventional standards. The AA has twice the run time of the AAA, damn near regulated for about 9 of its 10 hours (to 50%) when running on a lithium primary.

Thanks Milky for the historical perpective on Led_ASAP and two of my lights.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an LED_ASAP Arc AAA special myself. It's been riding keychain duty for well over a year (maybe two?). Mine drives a T bin lux3 regulated on a li-ion AAA at 400ma.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an LED_ASAP Arc AAA special myself. It's been riding keychain duty for well over a year (maybe two?). Mine drives a T bin lux3 regulated on a li-ion AAA at 400ma.

Phaser! It's been a while. We've gotta get in touch sometime soon... :whistle:

With apologies to the original poster for wandering off-topic at the sight of an old friend. :eek: