My Fenix TK10 problem

Chao

Enlightened
I recently did TK10 runtime test with 2xRCR123A, after that, I found this light is not as bright as before, either lux reading or total output that estimated by ceiling bounce test were decreased. Does this mean this light can not use RCR123A safely and running for long time? or just my TK10 problem? anyone has same experience? thanks.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember reading that max voltage on these lights is 9.0v. In that case, you're fine. How many hours do you have on the light?

Marduke

Flashaholic
2xRCR123 should be fine on the light. It can take well over 12v total.

What do you mean that it's not as bright as before? That it's readings are less on primaries now compared to before?

Chao

Enlightened
I seem to remember reading that max voltage on these lights is 9.0v. In that case, you're fine. How many hours do you have on the light?

I also thought it should be fine with RCR123A, I ran it with RCR123A for about 50 min until power shut down.

2xRCR123 should be fine on the light. It can take well over 12v total.

What do you mean that it's not as bright as before? That it's readings are less on primaries now compared to before?

Yes, I then use primaries and compare to the readings that I also used primaries before the RCR123A test.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
fried something maybe? someone had a similar problem with another light, although i forget which....

new batteries change anything?

or maybe your luxmeter needs to be re-calibrated because the brightness on RCR123A threw it off.

Crenshaw

harddrive

Enlightened
Any luck working out the problem Chao? It would be disappointing if the R123s did damage the TK10. One of the strengths of that light is the ability to use primary or Rechargeable batteries.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am running AW rcr the 750ma ones and my light seems perfectly fine, but then again i dont have a light meter.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
Any luck working out the problem Chao? It would be disappointing if the R123s did damage the TK10. One of the strengths of that light is the ability to use primary or Rechargeable batteries.

+1 on this. I use 3.7 x 2 RCR123 all the time on my TK10 almost daily as EDC with no problems.

I hope you sort this out soon my friend because the TK10 is reallt quite a good light.

Chao

Enlightened
Thanks:), I tried use new batteries, clean metal contact regions, and checked my light meter, compared to other lights, I think my TK10 need repair! TK10 is a nice light, I love it, I am going to contact Fenix CS for repair.

Chao

Enlightened
I wrote mail to Fenix CS, they replied me very fast (thanks Joyce:thumbsup:), amd told me check some possibilities that can cause the problem, although my light still not been rescued.
I already got the RMA# from my dealer, Joyce said my light still in warranty in my situlation:)

knine

Newly Enlightened
I've only had my TK10 for 3 weeks and to me it does not seem to be as bright as the day I got it. I never used rechargeables only Panasonic Lithiums. Without a meter, I just felt the first time I used it I was just blown away and it was just a mental thing, and yes I tried fresh batteries. Coming from a Mag 2AA it still is a vast improvement.