Question on the Ark AAA Turquoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my AAA turquoise and must say that it is a lot brighter then my LE. I'm sorry to hear that Peter is going to discontinue this model.

The only thing that surprise's me a little is that the beam is not as smooth as the LE. From the center of the beam going out you can see rings of bright and not so bright. Is this normal for a turquoise?

This doesn't mean that I'm dissatisfied, I'm very impressed with this light. I think it will replace my LE on my key chain.

Thanks Peter for a great light, looking forward to moving up to the LS4.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Question on the Arc AAA Turquoise

Yes, the rings in the beam are normal. All colored LED's have beams like this. White LED's are actually blue LED's with phosphorescent material 'gooped' over the blue emitter to create white light. This has the side effect of smoothing out the beam.

Pat

Bad Influence

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, I just got my Turq about a week or two ago. I love this thing! The beam artifacts IMO are a small price to pay to have the brightness of the Turq LED.

I can only imagine how cool this light would be with a DV ranked LED. Pity it's being discontinued.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love my Precious...uh.. I mean my ARC Turq DV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif.

I wouldn't mind picking up a spare if anyone has one they would want to swap for an EV.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just sent in a non functioning Turq to ARC, If its discontinued I wonder if they will fix it, or sub for a white. Either way is fine with me Peter!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think Peter still has some Turquoise left in stock. Hope so because I'm looking to pick up another one on payday. This is getting crazy, since finding the CPF a month or two ago I've now bought 5 AAAs. My girlfriend is going kill me when a LS4 shows up. Think I should tell her first? NA, she will get over it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why is DV preferred over EV? Is it brighter?

I have a few EV's, one is really green like a traffic light, the other 2 are a little more turquoise than green, and the greenest one is the brightest and gives the most contrast when shined on small print.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoa...I hate it when I snooze....

What's an Arc Turquoise DV? Hadn't heard of it until now. I do have an EV and thought there wasn't anything else???

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

The DV is a more blueish form of the turquiose. We tried to get the LED, but NONE were ever made.

Peter

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, then I guess I won't have to worry about trying to get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The DV is a more blueish form of the turquiose. We tried to get the LED, but NONE were ever made.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Well then what is the other, Non-EV led used in the ARC Turqouise?!?!?! I am quite confused now.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

The other LED used in the turqouise is the EU. Same tint, dimmer flux. We stopped using them about a year ago.

Peter

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got another one from Glow-Bug, I think they have one left according to email, if any one is interested.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think Chris at Meridian Tactical has 4 or 5 left on sale and free shipping for CPF members.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Peter. Very interesting. There must be a lot of variation be the different Ex ranks then, beacause one of my turq. ARCs is much bluer than the two that have EV marked on the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.