Arc AA GS add-on head?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering.. does anyone know of a way to add-on a custom Nicha GS head to my Arc AA?

(I'm wanting to have interchangeability between the old Nicha BS LED head and a new GS LED head, on the same Arc AA body.)

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
JS Burley's offers an AA body that fits AAA heads. I know it's not exactly the same, but it's a simple conversion and completely reversible.

paulr

Flashaholic
If you mean the old straight sided Nichia BS head (from the earlier Arc LLC company), they don't interchange with the current models (I have tried). The threading is slightly different, or something like that. Even if they did interchange, having one body with two heads sounds sort of useless. Better to just sell your BS light and buy a GS, if you don't want to keep your BS as a backup.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I was actually thinking of was a deadhead Arc AA head fitted with a Nicha GS LED,separate from the stock Nicha BS LED head. This way I could swap between the 2 heads.

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh, I mis-read your question, I thought it was about the AAA. Yeah, if you could get hold of an AA head, building up a GS circuit in it would be a logical thing to do, if wanted to keep your BS head intact. Cy has a lot of Arc parts and might have an AA head.

greenLED

Flashaholic
CY sells empty ArcAA heads. Some have "dead" pills in them, but it's just a matter or cleaning reseating the crimp and they work well. You could use one of those and transplant a GS.