Ra Twisty or Surefire T1A?

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I'm wanting the Ra Twisty very bad and have came very close to ordering it several times. What stops me is the Surefire T1A. I'm wanting a flashlight that starts very low and goes up from there. Both these do that but the T1A can be adjusted at any level between. I realize the T1A isn't out yet and who knows when it will be.

My question is why shouldn't I wait for the T1A? It appears to me to offer more than the Twisty.

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
The twisty is the ultimate tank light. The upcomming surefire will probably be more like a "normal" pocketlight in terms of sturdyness. 2cents...

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
Oh and on second thought :

the twisty will have or has

- adittional battery tubes
- ALOT of safety features including controlled step down for extended emergency battery life.
- works flawlessly with rechargables
- pocketclip
- watertight to 20m
etc.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Twisty line also has more output options, and the choice of low red. I think it really boils down to what you want the light to do.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The T1A is the light i would get if i were going to the opera.The twisty is the light i would get if i thought that the opera house that i was going to might BLOW up:D

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also it has been now realeased the 'Easter Egg' in the Ra that gives you access to about 23 levels if you want different settings than default. And it's definitely not something you would stumble into accidentally so no worries if you want to keep it simple.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I would definitely get the RA Twisty. This light is built like a tank, extremely reliable, and extremely versatile.

Also it has been now realeased the 'Easter Egg' in the Ra that gives you access to about 23 levels if you want different settings than default. And it's definitely not something you would stumble into accidentally so no worries if you want to keep it simple.

How do I access this "Easter Egg" that you speak of?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, these are different lights altogether with the exception that they are both fed w/CR123's and both have twisty UI's.

I would likely EDC the T1-A over the Ra Twisty because of the difference in size but when ever I go out in the woods, I would prefer the Twisty because of it's ruggedness.

I will end up with a T1-A and I have one Twisty with another on the way.