welcome to spring

raggie33

*the raggedier*
plants and blooming pollen in the air.scorpions in my bathroom gotta love it

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
plants and blooming pollen in the air.scorpions in my bathroom gotta love it

For some reason I thought you were in Cleveland. I guess I'm pretty incredibly far off on that one! Be safe! :)

I know it's spring because my usually black car is now a shade of green from the blanket of pollen covering it. I ran my wipers this morning to clear the gunk off my windshield and could hear the wipers hitting dots of stuff that wouldn't budge.

My kids are playing with the inchworms and I'm seeing my trees ravaged with holes in their leaves. I'm too cheap to pay a tree service to spray my trees because in the past they always came just when the little inchwormies were done anyway.

Ah, springtime.

No scorpions or poisonous buggies up here in Beantown, though! Just ticks with lime disease and other summertime blood-suckers like skeeters & such.

chaoss

Enlightened
Funny you should mention spring now as the temp. here (southwest) will top out near 108 this week.:sweat:Our spring will last for up to two weeks in march if we are lucky!

Greta

Flashaholic
Yes... welcome to spring in the freakin' desert... taken on 5/18/08 at 3:22 PM:

112degrees.jpg

Greta

Flashaholic
Yikes. At least it's a dry heat. :crackup:

Yeah... nice and dry so the wind can really blow around the pollen and dust and get those sinuses running like a faucet. The cluster migraines are especially lovely what with the loss of vision in one eye and all that. Yep... I'm enjoying the hell out of it! :D

I just saw on the news that we have a "Heat Warning" for today... more of yesterday and then some... :sick2:

Carpenter

Enlightened
Yeah... nice and dry so the wind can really blow around the pollen and dust and get those sinuses running like a faucet.

I was going to ask you about the allergies. I always thought the pollen count was lower in the desert, but I guess I'll just stay here and keep Kleenex in business.

Well, I know you already know this, but just stay cool and drink plenty of liquids. Don't do anything stressful or exterting, like planning for the CPF migration. :crackup:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got the scoprion in a jar now.he isnt to big.ekkk desert is to hot for me i like cold

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been to Arizona in the second week of APRIL, when it was already 102 degrees. The "dry" heat gave me a sunburn after less then a half hour of unprotected exposure. The natives told me to come back in July when it's hot (102 is comfortable for them). Ain't no way that's happening!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well Arizona is now the place im sure ill never visit i cant stand it above 75 degrees

Latest posts