just bought E1B Backup.....any info/opinion

E1B

Newly Enlightened
hey im new 2 this site and new to high end flashlights......i nees some schooling, start with the basics. what type of LED is in my light....pros and cons w/ the LED......i like the fact that its got 2 outputs 5 lumens and 80 lumens.....though not in that order......thanks for helpin a noob!

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum. The E1B is a wonderful light -- nearly perfect for what I need in an EDC. If you want something cheaper, you can check out the Fenix P2D, which is similar, but brighter and with more advanced electronics. But it's difficult to beat the build quality of a Surefire.

I just wish it would have a lanyard-ring carry option.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

LED 101:

The current gen LEDs are at least twice as efficient as the last gen ones, so for the same power, the current gen LEDs will have twice or more output then the last gen ones.

High power LEDs are much brighter then the common 5mm ones

Current gen LEDs:
Cree XR-E P4-R2 bin
Seoul P4 U-bin
Seoul P7
Luxeon Rebel 80 and 100
Luxeon TFFC K2

Last gen LEDs:
Luxeon I
Luxeon III
Luxeon V
Luxeon K2
Nichia Jupiter

The Welcome Mat is a good resource to jump start you with the terms and technologies.

Look here
if you have Maglites you would like to upgrade.

I think you'll like the E1B. There are also other light cheaper and brigher then the E1B, but not many have as good a warranty or quality of a Surefire.

Welding Rod

Newly Enlightened
Congrats - you probably bought one of the nicest lights on the market right now. I am very happy with mine.... Lots of light, excellent beam, incredible throw for a 1 cell light. Hangs nice clipped in the pocket glass down too.

Welcome to the forum.

paulr

Flashaholic
E1B, you got a good light, there's extensive threads about it already that you can find. There are other lights with more distracting bells and whistles but Surefire has traditionally stuck to the essentials.