New NiteCore Models Available NOW

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed that the NiteCore EXTREME Infinity E3 is available on Ebay along with the Limited Edition NiteCore DEFENDER Infinity in a silver plated finish. These models are being offered by HKEquipment. My experience with HK has been very good, although you can expect shipment may be slow, in my case about 15 business days from Hong Kong to the states.

I was surprised that the EXTREME appears to have an all black crenated bezel unlike the prototype pictures and the pictures on the manual in the HKEquipment listing. Previous pictures showed a silver bezel and the instructions show a smooth silver bezel. Another thing I didn't expect about the EXTREME is they are being advertised as being SUREFIRE E body compatible. I am not sure what advantage this might offer for new buyers. Can anybody hazard a guess?

With the introduction of these new models, I see HK is accepting best bid offers on the original finish NDI. I already have 2 of these, so I won't be bidding, but I am really curious as to what HKEquip will now accept for the NDI.

Last edited:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. It shouldn't be long before we have them here in the states. I've been extremely impressed with my DI, carrying it with me everyday. I wouldn't mind having another one but I would like to wait for the next offering. I want at least 180 lumens from my next AA purchase.

Thanks for the update Neighbor.

Bill

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Thanks for the post.

I'm debating about the extreme model. The only thing that's holding me back is ... the output is essentially the same as the NDI, just that it uses 123a batteries. I would think it should be brighter :shrug:

Marduke

Flashaholic

I'm debating about the extreme model. The only thing that's holding me back is ... the output is essentially the same as the NDI, just that it uses 123a batteries. I would think it should be brighter :shrug:

Voltage source input has little to do with brightness with LED's. The circuit has to boost/buck the voltage to the required level no matter what.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am debating this model, too. However, perhaps with the CR123 batteries the 200 lumen specification is a real one. I recall EdgeTac getting a lot of flack over the 190 lumen spec on the NDI, which probably never put out more than 130 lumens. Hopefully, they have learned their lesson and are not being give us false hopes with the EXTREME. I have no doubt that the build quality will be as good, if not better than the NDI. I still can't figure out what SureFire E body compatibility will do for people buying this light.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the main reason ill be buying this light is for the E series competaibility. I imagine you could use a VB body on it, or any E series body, and by extension, all thier tail caps.... so you are not limited in that sense as to what tails you can use, and edgetac has almost effectively erased any switch issues..

Crenshaw

__philippe

Enlightened
I was surprised that the EXTREME appears to have an all black crenated bezel unlike the prototype pictures and the pictures on the manual in the HKEquipment listing. Previous pictures showed a silver bezel and the instructions show a smooth silver bezel.

An NDI Extreme picture with bezel + body all in same anodizing has been on the official CPFMarketplace thread for a couple weeks now
(2nd picture from top)..:rolleyes:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=177947

Cheers,

__philippe

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that they have been showing two different bezels. I am glad the black bezel is the one that has been released. I just don't understand why the instruction manual pictures the silver one.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the main reason ill be buying this light is for the E series competaibility. I imagine you could use a VB body on it, or any E series body, and by extension, all thier tail caps.... so you are not limited in that sense as to what tails you can use, and edgetac has almost effectively erased any switch issues..

Crenshaw

Which SureFire switch will be compatible with the EdgeTac interface?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
However, perhaps with the CR123 batteries the 200 lumen specification is a real one. I recall EdgeTac getting a lot of flack over the 190 lumen spec on the NDI, which probably never put out more than 130 lumens. Hopefully, they have learned there lesson are not being give us false hopes with the EXTREME.

NDI was rated at 190 emitter lumens, a few weeks ago they said it has 130 out of the front lumens (on 14500, 120 using Ni-MH; RF Spear 230 OTF lumens:naughty:). Nitecore Extreme is rated at 200 out of the front lumens (about 230 emitter lm).

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. *sigh* now I may have to get it just for SF legoing. It may be pretty cool to put it on my SF E1B.

Crenshaw

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
What remains to be seen is what color IS the EXTREME. It appears to be black, but even the NDI looks black in pictures. In your hand, it is more like a dark metalic grey or pewter. If the Exteme E3 is going to match a SF E anything, I sure hope the Extreme is Black.
Still, I doubt that any of the tail switches from the current E series will work with the EXTREME. (Aren't all the current SF E series with a 2 stage switch of some kind?) On the other hand, the older single stage tail switches might work. But can you order an older SF singles stage tailcap/switch asssmbly? It would be nice since we can't expect the EXTREME tail switch to be any more reliable that on the NDI given Nitecore is still packing an extra switch with each new EXTREME.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I do get it, I'll wait for it to come out in US. I purchased my NDI from eBay at Hong Kong since it was sold out at TadGear. It took almost a month for me to get it. The NDI is great, and I love it. However, if I had problems with it or if I had receive it broken, it'll be a very time consuming and expensive process to have it shipped back to HK and have it come back to me.

One exception though ... I'm still scheduled to go to HK in a few weeks (hopefully) and if I do end up going, maybe I'll pick one up for myself :whistle:

Knifekulture

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one (extreme) from HKequiptment through Ebay about a minute ago! They seem to be going fast. Now the waiting will be the hard part.

Last edited:

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received an answer from HKEquipment about the color. The color of the EXTREME that is being shown and shipped is the same color as the Infinity Defender. The bezel and body are the same matching color. HK said that there will be another offering of the EXTREME in BLACK that should be available in a few days. That version may come with a silver colored bezel as pictured on the instruction manual in the HKEquipment listing.

I also asked about the Special Edition INFINITY and whether there were individual serial numbers as promised by Mrs Wong in the Marketplace. HK stated that he checked and each was numbered xxx out of 1000 inside the tailcap. He apologized for not mentioning that in his Ebay listing.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I do get it, I'll wait for it to come out in US. I purchased my NDI from eBay at Hong Kong since it was sold out at TadGear. It took almost a month for me to get it. The NDI is great, and I love it. However, if I had problems with it or if I had receive it broken, it'll be a very time consuming and expensive process to have it shipped back to HK and have it come back to me.

It is my understanding that any NiteCore Distributer will honor the warranty. At least that is what is stated in the warranty that comes with the light. So far TadGear hasn't been too helpful with replacement parts on any lights they have sold, although I know people for whom they exchanged an entire light. The last time I checked they didn't have any extra tailswitches, the most common component to go bad. EdgeTac has also been quite helpful when people have contacted them directly regarding part issues. I intend to call TadGear this week to find out more about their carrying the EXTREME and LIMITED Edition INFINITY since they aren't listed yet on their website. I will ask them if they will handle warranty issues on lights purchased elsewhere. Obviously, if they don't sell the EXTREME or the LIMITED EDITION Infinity they won't be able service those lights very easily.

fresnorich

Newly Enlightened

I was hoping it would be a bit shorter too.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming the the UI is the same, then any E series surefire should be fine right? albiet essentially the same function.

Crenshaw

Crenshaw,

Not true. See this statement off of Nitecores post in the market place. You would not want to use a E2e body.

"The E3 printed on the light bezel means it's Light Engine E3 circuit, the input voltage is 2.2V-4.2V, so please be cautious when you use this bezel on other bodies, you should NOT use 2 CR123 batteries, or the light bezel will be damaged due to excessive voltage input.)"

Bill