NDI carry options.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I really want to get this impressive AA light. But from the pics I've seen, and the reviews I've read, the Nitecore Defender Infinity doesn't come with a holster or clip. Another high-output AA light I'm considering is the Fenix L1D model. I really prefer having a forward-clickie and checkering, like on the NDI. Despite a reverse-clickie and smooth body, the Fenix comes with a very practical holster.

How do you guys carry your NDI?

Also, anyone know if the holster for the L1D will fit the NDI?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NDI is particular about holsters because the 'ring' that protrudes from the body makes it difficult to get in or out of a snug holster.

The Fenix holsters work well because of the combination of the elastic and stiff webbing.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it kind of stinks that NDI doesn't come with a holster or clip. I normally put it inside my pocket ... be careful though, the head could rip a hole in your pants. With that said, I still love the NDI.

If you opt for Fenix L1D version, you could change the reverse clicky to forward clicky: https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_40&products_id=465

The L1D is nice too, if you have large hands though, it may be a bit slippery.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks for the links, and the suggestions guys. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
From Ebay posting for NDI:
Package Includes (with original packing):
· NiteCore Flashlight
· 550 parachute-cord
· Belt Pouch
· Spare O-Ring
· Spare Clicky switch
· Rubber tailcap button
· Warranty Card
· Operation Manual
· Energizer AA x1
Yeah, it kind of stinks that NDI doesn't come with a holster or clip. I normally put it inside my pocket ... be careful though, the head could rip a hole in your pants. With that said, I still love the NDI.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like my kydex holster monocrom :)

it even has a spare battery compartment for a Lith AA, you know, just in case.

Crenshaw

e2x2e

Enlightened
The Kydex looks nice but I can't justify spending more than 1/3 of the price of the light on it. I'm using a R-O-V Sportsman Xtreme clip now...it works pretty well but it occasionally slides...I'd rather have a clip that I could securely screw onto the body or that would be sandwiched between the tailcap and the body. Oh well.

yekim

Enlightened
From Ebay posting for NDI:
Package Includes (with original packing):
· NiteCore Flashlight
· 550 parachute-cord
· Belt Pouch
· Spare O-Ring
· Spare Clicky switch
· Rubber tailcap button
· Warranty Card
· Operation Manual
· Energizer AA x1

The belt pouch that comes with it is an Ultrafire rig similar to the Fenix ones except that it was too loose a fit for my tastes.

In the marketplace there is a thread introducing Kydex holsters for lights, one being for the NDI that had a spot for a spare battery. http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=169720 but I think everything is sold out.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
i carry most of my EDC lights using a fenix lobster claw at the back of my front left pocket. hangs down, dont even feel it in there, and leaves the pocket free for other stuff. minimal and low profile, with easy and quick access. carry the nautilus, NDI, E01 and Arc-AAA this way.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is how I carry my EDC 1 x AAA lights too, but I use the SureFire mini-clip. It's easier to get on and off for me.

+1 on this:twothumbs

I carry all my single cell lights this way. NDI, E1L and HDS

The Surefire clip is slightly better than McGizmo clips for this, but might be somewhat harder to get.

Sverre

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire clip is slightly better than McGizmo clips for this, but might be somewhat harder to get.

havent tried the SF clip, but i did compare the fenix lobster claw against several sizes of the mcgizmo clips, and ultimately it won out. flatter profile, easier to get on and off, still nice tension to keep it hooked.