what comes after p7?

Cmd_Bash

Newly Enlightened
just out of curiosity, has there been any talk, news, leaks or press statements about the next LED to surpass the seoul p7 in either light output or efficiency? i remeber about a month or two ago seoul relaesed a statement that they were going to pass the 1,000 lumin mark right about now, but like i said, that was months ago, and i havn't heard anything large since.

so how about you guys? hear any new?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
a much smaller quad-die, wired in series, priced like the P7 (or cheaper?) using the latest die and with a bin rating one gets what payed for (because the Osram Ostar already meets the 2nd criteria)

... and suddenly everyone will apreciate all those tiny and available step-up circuits
:)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There is the Osram Ostar 6 die LED but it isn't that much brighter then the P7(the best is around 1100 lumen at 1 amp at arounf 20.8v)

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok where is P7 version of Cree and how about 6 dies of Rebel 100? shouldnt multi-rebel like P7 be more practical since their die is so small?

Cmd_Bash

Newly Enlightened
There is the Osram Ostar 6 die LED but it isn't that much brighter then the P7(the best is around 1100 lumen at 1 amp at arounf 20.8v)

common guys/girls, this is an honest question, and so far gunner12 is the only one to give me an honest answer, i'm sure most of you know a tidbit from some where, so how about pooling your knowlege

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Ok where is P7 version of Cree and how about 6 dies of Rebel 100? shouldnt multi-rebel like P7 be more practical since their die is so small?
If the rebel was ALREADY having heat problems, condensing it wouldn't be much better.

Also, Philips is having issues with the production of the rebel and the K2, so are trying to figure this out before making anything new.

Cree is probably trying to get something with less variation than 740-900 lumens before they publish it.

eav2k

Newly Enlightened
I really have no idea. But if you are going to use a multi die LED the shape of the LEDs should be changed to better fit the circle that inscribes them. Actually all LEDs should be round instead of square. This trades efficiency in use of the wafer for that in the light. I know what I would prefer.

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
common guys/girls, this is an honest question, and so far gunner12 is the only one to give me an honest answer, i'm sure most of you know a tidbit from some where, so how about pooling your knowlege
You asked a totally theoretical question, what do You want to get then?
We simply have no clue on what the industry has in work - and that small maket (just some flashlight ppl) wont have any effect on what they will build. Its home and street lighting that is important for them now.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with that "gunner gave me .." opinion.
As I knew, when typing "Osram", something like this here will be an answer:
Therefore I added a total of five criteria:
  1. smaller size,
  2. wired in series,
  3. price,
  4. using actual die(s) (= brighter & less heat),
  5. reliable bin rating + bin/tint choice when ordering,
where the Osrams just meet one ("in series"), just to fight that ...
... but didnt work :rolleyes:

PS: the P7 also does not cover all of them, just to fight that post ;)

My advise were to read any posts carefully, then decide of the knowledge/care of the poster has put into

Latest posts