My Plants Got Scorched!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Anybody here know about plants? I left my two potted greenies outside for some sun yesterday, but left them out all day. Bad mistake of forgetting them there till this afternoon! Now their no longer green but some kind of brown tan. Are they going to die? Or live will they with more greens to come? Please adivse and thanks for your patience!

Here's the two (2) I've gotten scorched:

Neanthe Bella Palm and Cordatum Philodendron
IMG_0165.jpg

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My Plants Got Sunburned!

They can recover. Just watch them carefully. They'll still need some sun and just keep them properly watered.

CLHC

Flashaholic

They can recover. Just watch them carefully. They'll still need some sun and just keep them properly watered.
I'm sure hoping they'll recover and turn green again.

Thanks!

Mad1

Enlightened

believe it or not some plants don't like the sun, things like peace lilly are shade loving plants.

I'm afraid to say these two are also shade loving plants. Keep them indoors and topped up with water as necessary.

CLHC

Flashaholic

believe it or not some plants don't like the sun. . .I'm afraid to say these two are also shade loving plants. Keep them indoors and topped up with water as necessary.
Thanks for the input, and will do!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's interesting you mentioned this, because a few of my mom's outdoor plants were scorched this past week! We in Northern California had a heat wave, it was pretty bad.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I'm afraid to say these two are also shade loving plants. Keep them indoors and topped up with water as necessary.
Indoors, yes - but they ***DO*** need as bright a light as you can get indoors without exposing them to direct sunlight.

After all, they're plants, and they ***DO*** need light to perform photosynthesis like all plants do.

Mad1

Enlightened

Goes without saying. :D