Winclear

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like it only removes the records of where you have been. Only good if you don't want the wrath of the boss/wife on your backsides. :crackup:

To cleanse a system I use CCleaner to clean registry entries and other bad files. Then Spybot Search and Destroy to remove spyware and spyware blaster to keep spyware from getting hooked. I also run Avast and clamwinav to keep things clean. We use zone alarm or comodo for firewalls. All are free programs

mechBgon

Enlightened
Seems to find a lot of bad stuff on my computer

Key word: "seems." That software is a rip-off primarily intended to part you from your money. Whatever you do, don't give them a cent (not to mention your credit-card details!). And don't go downloading & running that trash, or other stuff that you don't really know where it comes from. :thumbsdow

CCleaner is a good & trustworthy program that'll clear your "tracks," if that's what you want. If you need a free antivirus for home use, my top recommendation is AntiVir PE Classic by a long shot. Secunia's Personal Software Inspector is another great free security tool (checks for known-vulnerable software and shows you how to fix the vulnerabilities).

Further security tips for Windows users: http://www.mechbgon.com/build/security2.html

Last edited: