Hydrogen powered flashlight

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty amazing specs on this guy: 50 lumens (Luxeon I emitter used) not reguated (they brag about how thier discharge curve is flatter than non-regulated alkalines). About the size of a small 2C flashlight.

What would you say if I told you I could build a light of the same size, that would produce twice a much light as this with the same 24 hour, and an even more convenient method of refueling -- instead of refilling it with compressed hydrogen, there are actually two batteries inside that get recharged from electricity right out of your outlet at home via a charging jack on the side of the ligt. It's so convenient, I don't understand why nobody thought of it before :eek:

rooster.5

Newly Enlightened
I'd say you're a frigging genius. Why has'nt that been done before???? I'm throwing out all my hydrogen powered lights out today and going with your idea!!!! Thanks:ohgeez:

cchurchi

Enlightened
I'd buy an HID fuel cell flashlight, otherwise I'll stick to 18650's

Cevulirn

Newly Enlightened
Its a new technology, with the potential to fuel much more then just flashlights. The technology is still far from mature. The advantage of using hydrogen as a fuel is that its much quicker to recharge the fuel cell then to run a charge cycle on batterys.