Maglite 2C Single SSC P4 with custom finning

allburger

Enlightened
This is my new project light. I started with a 2C Maglite and ordered a P4 heat sink from Fenix-Store, 2 x 18650's, and this driver. The last two items are on there way from DX.

I went up to northern Michigan this weekend with a friend and found that there was a metal shop there which had a four chuck lathe. With a little playing around we were able to get it centered to do some finning on the body tube.

I have done a few things that I have yet to see. I took the finning and went up on the tailcap, which I think adds a really neat look. The other thing that i did was to use 1" External Retaining rings that you find at the local hardware store and use them as a lanyard holder.

I stacked two of the rings together and they fit perfectly into the spot where the tailcap gasket sits. I think this will also work good to fill the gap that the 18650's cause in a 2c format.

I would have taken the finning all the way to the top of the kurling but we ran out of time last night and i think the back half is a really neat look even if i don't get around to making it go the whole way.

So far into the project I have:

Mag 2C - 14.97
SSC P4 - 5.56
Heatsink - 17.00
Driver - 7.35
2x18650 - 9.00
Charger - 6.71
Total - $60.59

I will post beam shots on here once I receive the batteries, charger, and driver from DX.

allburger

Enlightened
No more costs other than wire, solder, electrical tape, and things that I already have.

I decided to build this light as my ultimate outdoors light. I camp alot in the summer and I hunt alot in the fall. This light is going to have very good run time, variable output, and very good throw, and is totally rechargeable.

I absolutely love the lanyard on there. The lanyard is actually taken off of my Pelican SuperSabre light.

Last edited: