SF E1B Owners...Is this normal?

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Ok, when I have the tailcap screwed all the way in, everything works the way it should. To put it into lockout i rotate the tailcap quarter of a turn anticlockwise, again everything working as it should. If i keep rotating the tailcap another full turn in the same direction, the light comes on (without touching the tailcap switch) and stays on until the tailcap is no longer making contact with body ie. when the tailcap is off the body. When I screw the tailcap back on the light wont come on like it does unscrewing the tailcap. Is this normal for the light to come on while its past the lockout stage?

Steve

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't happen with mine. The light is fully locked-out and won't turn on at all after the initial 1/4 turn. Unscrewing it any further makes no difference.

Regards,
Tempest

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the spring in the tailcap is bent, while you unscrew the tailcap it might touch both the bottom of the battery and the body and act as a closed switch. :thinking:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
If the spring in the tailcap is bent, while you unscrew the tailcap it might touch both the bottom of the battery and the body and act as a closed switch. :thinking:

Fortunately the spring isn't bent. I'm guessing the spring might be slightly longer than it should be.

Steve

Last edited: