Help! streamlight scorpion won't switch on.

plaslyt

Newly Enlightened
I hope somebody would help me. I have this streamlight scorpion which i bought almost 5 years ago. I just used it seldomly since the batteries are not cheap and i don't have a ready source of its bulb. This afternoon, i put a fresh set of cr123a batteries and i switched it on. The flashlight turned on and i switched it off. when i switched it on again, it won't function anymore. So i thought of replacing the bulb thinking that the bulb must have been busted. This is the first time i used the spare bulb. but when i switched it on, nothing happened. I'm at a loss on what to do. Any suggestion woud be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

C.Griff

Newly Enlightened
I think either the replacing bulb or the switch has a problem. The former is a rare case. You shd detect with a tester which is the cause.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
use some NEW batteries and see if it persists.
remove the switch cap and use a segment of wire to connect the negative battery terminal to the body tube. If the bulb lights, then you know its not the bulb.

Illum

Flashaholic
I think either the replacing bulb or the switch has a problem. The former is a rare case. You shd detect with a tester which is the cause.

difficult to say, there are a few members in the past the reported short-lived lamps in the scorpion. and should the switch be faulty, it usually gets stuck on rather than off

Most likely its a battery issue. But for the sake of trouble shooting run a diagnostic on the bezel contacts with the lamp in place using the ohm [or resistor] setting of your multimeter. It should read a number, not at infinity.

BOBBYBOB

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Warranty

I have had a Scorpion for over 10 years, and if I am not mistaken they
have a lifetime warranty. Give them a call, just tell them you are a loyal
customer and have bought many of their products (embellish!!) and maybe
they will do the right thing.

plaslyt

Newly Enlightened
Thank you guys! Lost my internet connection for quite some time. Just found out that both of the bulbs are busted. Have to order new ones. Thanks very much for the suggestions. You've been a lot of help!!!:twothumbs

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you aren't as silly as I am. When I went to replace my scorpion's bulb I took it out, had dinner, then put the new one back in. I also used the wrong holes on the bulb holder :stupid: The bulb socket actually has two sets of holes that will fit the pins on the bulb, obviously only one pair of holes is the correct one, no idea what the other pair is for.

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm sure you aren't as silly as I am. When I went to replace my scorpion's bulb I took it out, had dinner, then put the new one back in. I also used the wrong holes on the bulb holder :stupid: The bulb socket actually has two sets of holes that will fit the pins on the bulb, obviously only one pair of holes is the correct one, no idea what the other pair is for.

I presume holding the spare lamp thats stored directly under the lamp in use

WDG

Enlightened
Sounds like you've already found the problem, but I just wanted to add that, at least with the Scorpion, the first thing I'd try is a new set of cells. I used to use the cells in mine until it wouldn't light, and it acted very much like the bulb had gone. It would be somewhat dim but usable, and then suddenly it wouldn't light at all, even just seconds later. After reading here about this possibly causing a hazard with the lithium cells, I no longer let them get down that far.