WHY IS BILLY MAYS YELLING AT ME?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if that is how he really talks or if it's just his commercial voice.:eek:

I kinda feel like he's threatening me:faint:

Anyone else notice that the commercials are 10X louder than the show that is being watched?
I find the difference in volumes to be really annoying.

Did Billy yell at you today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Billy yells because he gets paid to yell.

Yay for the mute button! :party:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
billymayswow.jpg

LOOK AT ALL THESE FREAKING FLASHLIGHTS!

bagman

Enlightened
Too loud over this side of the pond as well, I once heard its so you can still hear about what sort of rubbish they are trying to sell you while in kitchen making a cup of tea during the break :D

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too loud over this side of the pond as well, I once heard its so you can still hear about what sort of rubbish they are trying to sell you while in kitchen making a cup of tea during the break :D

BUT IT'S ONLY $19.99!!!

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I don't really like that guy... at all! I wouldn't hire him to pitch one of my products just because for every person who actually bought your product, two others probably changed the channel at the very sight of the man. :duck:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Besides being just plain loud his voice sounds like he's talking from inside a toilet bowl. Billy Mays is what remotes were made for. Come to think of it, lots of other commercials are louder than the program also. All this does is make me switch channels instantly since it reminds of a little kid screaming for attention. :thumbsdow

When will "they" get that commercials don't have the intended effect? IMHO if you need to heavily advertise your product it's probably not worth buying.

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
I change the channel ..........can you believe a Kaboom commercial with him yelling just came on while I was typing this post? If you'll do a Google search for "Hate Billy Mays" you'll see that we aren't the only ones he annoys.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, without picking on poor Billy Mays, often times the commercial is much louder then the show. I have seen TV's, particularly some Toshibas, sold with "Volume levelers" or something to that effect that claim to equal out the volume of the commercials to make them that of the show. Do they really work?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know about him and his background, but maybe that's what happens when one works with in and around indjustrial and power-tools without the use of hearing protection over the years. Possibly going deaf, hence the "yelling"? :shrug:

Marlite

Enlightened
In your face advertising must work because Billy Mays has been doing it for years. Billy specializes in cleaning products and Tony Little screams in his raspy little voice aided by loud music every new exercise gimmick.

Too loud and too often as commercials in Canada are now allowed 14 minutes of play time per hour since Sept. 1, 2007 and 15 minutes in starting Sept. 1, 2008 to keep "carriers" from imposing "subsidy fees". More time for Billy Mays. Sad eh?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourview/2007/05/crtc_approves_more_tv_ads.html

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I purchased the Hercules Hooks, the Mighty Putty, and the Kaboom Never Scrub toliet cleaner - all three of these things Billy Mays has hawked.
I don't particularly care for all the damn yelling, but the products he's pushing are ok.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Stop and think for a minute at how effective he is. Here we are having a separate topic at a flashlight forum dedicated to him and his crap products. Many of us have a clear awareness of a number of his promoted items years later. There are many webpages that have sprung up just in reaction and warning about this guy and his products.

Almost everyone hates the guy, and many regret buying his wares....and yet here we are discussing him. He has become a celebrity, and people now stand in line to get his autograph. He made Orange Glo, OxyClean, and many others. Look at how many in this list you have heard of. This is one of the most incredible successful sales accomplishments in history.

Longer list of his promotions on Wiki

Groundhog66

Banned
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I can't stop laughing, my wife and I say that AL THE TIME......Funniest post (too me anyway) in a LOOOOONG time.:twothumbs

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Might Putty is a lot mightier (and cheaper) at plumbing supply stores. But without the catchy name.