Help me out on my P2D plz

bdeb50

Newly Enlightened
Hi peeps iv orderd a Fenix P2d q5

Its on his way right now only im worried about my batteries.

Atm i have Ultrafire 3.6V 880mAh LC 16340 Protected CR123A Battery (fully charged 4.1v i heard)

The guy @ fenix told me that it runs on a max of 3,2V...(rcr123a) But i thought iv heard some people here talking about the normal CR123a.

So can someone help me out here becouse i dont want to blow my new flashlight.

If possible plz post a link where i can order some of these batteries (if my current from DX)

Thx

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Li-ion batteries are usually 4.2v hot off the charger.

They will work on the P2D, but the only modes that will work is the Turbo, strobe, and SOS mode.

You'll need a 3.0v rechargeable Li-ion battery and charger.

pbs357

Enlightened
+1 on what Gunner said. The light will work on 3.7v rcr's but you lose the modes. It's just tap-tap-tap with all the same Turbo output. Not sure if it damages the light, but it defeats the multimode purpose so I don't do it. I use 3.0v rcr's from Lighthound.com and these work great. NOTE: make sure you don't put these cells on the 3.7v charger or :poof:.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, there are two types of 3.0v RCR123's also. One is a different chemistry which needs a different charger. The other is a regular Li-Ion which bucks the voltage down to 3.0v in use, and works with a regular RCR123 charger.

Otherwise, you need primary cells if you want to have all the modes.