Nuwai Q-100

n4zov

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know when and from whom the Nuwai Q-100 will be available?

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
ON March 17 I recieved an email from Nuwai directly for a pre-purchase of the light. I suspect there was an evaluation clause when purchasing. I did not buy one. I would think that once those responses came back, they'd start selling them on the general market.

n4zov

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the update. There have been posts as far back as early last fall about the introduction of the Q-100, but so far nobody has them. The Q-100 is going to be "old technology" before anybody gets a chance to try it out!

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I agree with the technology aging as they bring these to market. I've been salivating over the TM-308XR since last August. I've sent emails to every Nuwai vendor I could see, as well as some to Nuwai themselves (which must be how they offered me the pre-order). None of the vendors seem to want to carry it, and Nuwai hasn't responded about the light itself. It's the exact same light offered by BriteStrike as the BD=RL198-MH-2C, and they're charging $200 for it and claiming ridiculous runtimes and outputs. I'd even be happy with a TM-308XR with an old luxeon, I just want the body! I might just buy an E2D LED and forget about Nuwai, but I was hoping the TM-308XR would be the poor man's E2D LED.

n4zov

Newly Enlightened
I got the following email from Nuwai in response to an inquiry:

Dear XXX

Thank you for writing to us.

You can directly purchase from us.

Please see the price as below.

Q-100 USD$55.00 / unit

N-1012L USD$60.00 / unit

The price includes freight, but battery is not included in the parcel.

Please kindly fill in attached purchase form,

and arrange payment to our PayPal account [email protected]

We will process your order immediately after payment received.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Patty

Nuwai Int'l Co., Ltd.

The specs provided by Nuwai for the Q-100 are:
100/200 lumens
Low-High
Type III finish
124.9 x 29mm

For the N-1012L:

200 lumens
Low-High-SOS/Strobe