Arc LS AA Add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I think I'm lacking in imagination when it comes to putting in the proper search criteria in CPF's Search engine, but I just wanted to know if anyone had a good reference to point me to on this question:

Has anyone tried using lithium AA's in the Arc LS AA add-on? I'm considering buying the AA clickie and the thought of runtime and output came to mind when I saw a pack of AA lithiums at a local store.

Wasn't sure if this was more suited for the Battery Forum, but just for good measure, also wanted to know how everyone liked their AA clickie? I'm sure there's an advantage to perhaps a longer runtime... but just wanted to hear what your experiences were.

Thanks for any input -

-Jim

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Hi Jim,

That's a great question! I was wondering the same and was considering getting lithium batteries for my TSP-2AA. I would think the runtime would be very long! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan.

B@rt

Flashaholic
The 1 AA pack will probably won't work long since the newer LS' have a cutoff of 1.4 V, but the 2AA pack should have a nice runtime... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure your LS is a **J or higher bin. You have 3.6V on new lithium AAs. If the circuit is protected against instantaneous (open circuit) over-voltage you should also be OK with a **H bin. Peter can say for sure. I've tried my LS 2nd and it works fine. YMMV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Hmmmm... I have an Arc LSH-P with a Q4J bin rating. I'm fairly confident there should be a safe and good runtime given lithium AA's are popped in there. I was also wondering what the difference, if any, that Duracell Ultras would have on the runtime.

Thanks for the input fellas...

-Jim

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

The following info came from Arc...

We recommend NiMH's in the TSP-2AA pack. NiMH will provide better run times than Alkaline because the LS is a high current device. This is similar the same reason why NiMH's perform better than Alkalines in digital cameras.

Run times (typ):

Alkaline: 1.5 hours
NiMH: 2.5 hours
Lithium: 3.5 hours

In my opinion, the Lithium cells are normally not a good deal unless you need to operate the light in a very cold environment or have a extended shelf life.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what's been discussed here I think I would stick with the lithium 123 for power or the NiMH rechargeables as I noticed that two lithium AA's are much more expensive that one CR-123 at Surefire's current pricing.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Yes, that's a good point about the price of (2) AA lithiums versus the (1) SF123 cell.

But definitely the NiMH makes for a very interesting runtime/value that I'd like to try out.

Thanks for posting that Dan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.