Old Nuwai's, playing Lego(TM)

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I currently carry a Nuwai QIII upgraded with a SSC P4 as my EDC. I pilfered a pocket clip from a Rayovac Sportsman Extreme 3W (AKA Nuwai TM-301-X3) I keep in my truck. Recently I've been contemplating getting a new switch for the Q-III because I rarely leave the light on for more than a few seconds, and the momentary function of a forward clickie would make me a happy camper.

I just grabbed the ROV 3W out of my truck to see if the battery's were still good, and a light went on (har har :crackup:). The ROV tailcap, with a o-ring spacer behind the plastic switch piece (on the button side) threads right onto the QIII. The momentary-on of the ROV cap works fine, but it's current ly screwed down until the body stops it, so there's no way to turn it on and keep it on. It appears that if I grind off about 1/16" off the bottom of the ROV tailcap, I could have the momentary I want, and the constant-on that I occasionally need. Oh, and the Q-III cap fits and works on the ROV, but there's a gap between the body and the tailcap. They're also different colors.

Just thought I'd share. I wonder what other Nuwai's are able to be swapped around like this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this tailcap makes the Q-III even shorter than it already is. Probably shorter than the Q-100 coming out.

Last edited: