ArcAAA with off-center beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently managed to get my hands on an orange ArcAAA from www.2thehilt.com that I'd been looking for for quite some time. The only problem is that the LED is off-center, and it throws a quite ugly beam (...see my signature line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). The LED is crooked enough that the hotspot has a crescent moon shaped dark spot that wraps half way around it...it's almost embarrassing to show this one off when I'm trying to sell my friends on Arc products. Is there any way to straighten the LED without damaging the unit? Thanx in advance...

PJD

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the led itself is probably physically centered in the head, and its the led that's throwing an off-center beam. not really something that arc can control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if your led is not physically centered, then i think you can get a replacement from arc.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
chamenos...the LED itself is actually sitting crooked in the bezel. That's the first thing I looked for when I saw how lousy the beam was. I know that sometimes an LED can have an off-centered dye...but that wasn't the case with this one. I wonder if Arc will repair it...I know that they don't make the colored AAA's anymore (other than turquoise), so I doubt they could replace it. Anyway, thanx for your reply!

PJD

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJD: i'm sorry for the assumption...perhaps you could still try to email arc and see what they could do about it. good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stangster

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered 3 of these "AAA" HA's. Don't tell me now, after I alreadly bought these that they have major problems. I also read another thread that states that some guys were having problems turning their unit on or that it has flickering.

Are all these problems backed by ARC? Or am I out of luck in the event I get one with problems?

Thanks

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
stangster, don't worry too much. I've recently got one of the HA's and it's in perfect shape. On one occasion I twisted it up and it didn't come on, so I backed it out a turn and tried again and it came right on. Thats the closest thing to a problem I've had with it and I'm on my 4th battery in 3 weeks I've been using it so much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If you get one with flickering problems or one were the led assembly was out of wack then I would fully expect Arc to make it right and get you a unit that works.

But don't think that the problems are so wide spread that you're likely to have any problem.

Of course they are warrentied. And if the o-ring or the bit of anti-rattle foam in there ever come off or get damaged they will send you a new one for free, it's on the packaging just send them an SASE.

There are definitely more ARC products in my future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
My off-center beam has in no way dampened my enthusiasm for Arc products...I know that this particular light is the exception and not the rule. That, coupled with the fact that Peter has EARNED the reputation of standing behind his products definitely puts more of them in my future! You have nothing to worry about, stangster! On the off chance that there is a problem with one of your LE's, Arc will make it right...there's THOUSANDS of satisfied customers on this forum alone, and I'm one of them!

PJD

Status
Not open for further replies.