American Troops taking showers in Saddam's palaces

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
American Troops taking showers in Saddam\'s palaces

Just an hour or so ago an American Mech. Infantry company with some Armor support took over the Presidential Palace (plus another of saddam's palaces) in the middle of downtown Baghdad with only minor opposition.

canyouhearmenow.jpg

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: American Troops taking showers in Saddam\'s palaces

If there was ever a posterboy for disinformation, this guy's an understatement.

He's got some guts to sit there in the street and flat out lie through his teeth in front of the camera.

Serves him right if somebody just drops a hellfire right up his a$$...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

Silviron! I must've woken up two or three neighbors when I started laughing out loud! That was absolutely hilarious...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

-Jim

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a kick out of the Tank Company Commander sitting over in the Baghdad military parade ground.... Saying that the Ministry of Information building was right across the street "and we own that too" ... Wondering where the Minister of disInformation was.. said he would go pay him a visit right now if he knew where he was.

This is better than Saturday Night Live back when SNL was good.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pie- I can't take credit for that pic- swiped it from some guy over at lucianne.com that swiped it from strangecosmos.com... They have a lot of hilarious stuff there at strangecosmos

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

It pisses me off that we can't kill him right on the spot because all the innocent reporters are there...

I wonder, what would happen if all the reporters all of a sudden, dropped whatever they're doing and started running and left their cameras on... Would the Disinformation Minister start running too?...

Looks like he's runnin' like a chicken with its head cut off, since he knows he's staring down the barrel of an Abhrams.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

They just recovered the corpse of "Chemical Ali"... I kind of wish they could have taken him alive; Ahh, the tales HE could tell.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank goodness... One less person on this earth who never deserved to receive skin...

The discoveries of all the bones in that makeshift mortuary in SE Iraq made my blood boil. They were littered around like animal bones. Each one of those bodies there could probably tell a thousand tales.

MichiganMan

Enlightened

"Have at you!"
"You are indeed brave, sir knight, but the fight is mine."
"Oh, had enough eh?"
"Look, you stupid *******. You've got no arms left!"
"Yes I have."
"Look!"
"Just a flesh wound!"

Five points if you recognize the quote in 10 seconds or less. Minus 10 points if you don't.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MichiganMan said:
"Have at you!"
"You are indeed brave, sir knight, but the fight is mine."
"Oh, had enough eh?"
"Look, you stupid *******. You've got no arms left!"
"Yes I have."
"Look!"
"Just a flesh wound!"

Five points if you recognize the quote in 10 seconds or less. Minus 10 points if you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clue:

thundermall_1729_2206418.jpg
pyth.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: American Troops taking showers in Saddam\'s pal

The search for the holy grail. I love that movie.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

more info: there is an alleged iraqi civilian uprising against Saddam's troops...

possibly a discovery of a bunch of sarin nerve agent...

i hope both are true!

Bob

Ps regarding the info minister: can you say "delusional" boys & girls?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish that we could send some police into the UN and arrest their guy there. After all the government he represents no longer exists, so revoking his un'hood shouldn't be a big problem. The rest of the UN should be sick and tired now of listening to him as well.

But that would be silencing debate I suppose.

Bill.H

Enlightened

MichiganMan,

I knew that by the time I read the second line. My favorite movie ever! Anyone who hasn't seen it, go rent/buy/steal a copy ASAP.

As for that Mo Sahaf, the solution for him is also in the movie...
[ QUOTE ]

Launcelot: We have the Holy Hand Grenade.

Arthur: Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him! Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

Arthur: How does it, um-- how does it work?

Launcelot: I know not, my liege.

Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments!

Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.

Second Brother: And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--

Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother.

Second Brother: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Maynard: Amen.

Knights: Amen.

Arthur: Right! One!... Two!... Five!

Galahad: Three, Sir!

Arthur: Three!

[/ QUOTE ]

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

Apparently chem weapons have been found in Baghdad: According to FOX news, MSNBC and a newspaper from North Carolina (mostly) empty drums of sarin, tabun and a blister agent.

A few troops and a CNN correspondant who went into a warehouse type building without chem gear and almost immediately were effected.

I find it interesting but not surprising that even though it was a CNN reporter that was in on the discovery and harmed by the chemicals, but not a word FROM them about it.... We have to learn of it through other sources other than CNN... Once again, their bias is evident...

Also, According to Reuters, 20 medium range missiles loaded with a mixture of sarin, tabun and the blister agent lewisite have been found at a training camp "in central Iraq".

I guess that they found "the smoking gun" that the "Blind Blix Brigade" was unable (or unwilling) to find.

EDITED: CNN is FINALLY reporting this, even though I first heard of it 10 hours ago. They are using the words "suspicion" "alleged" and "according to Pentagon sources" a lot. Bunch of dweebs..

SecDef Rumsfeld or someone from Pentagon is supposed to have a news conference on this in a few more minutes.

Kirk

Enlightened

I'm hoping the Iraqi citizens are listening to what their "Information Minister" is saying, seeing what is really happening around them, putting 2 + 2 together, and coming up with the right answer; that they have been lied to all along and maybe, just maybe, the coalition forces ARE there to help them! We can only wait.
Kirk

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

Sorry Silviron for sliding off topic, but I really have to rent that movie again... completely hilarious - and this thread and responses have equally created a hearty laugh.

I can't remember the British reporter's name, but he just did a mini-tour of one of the many vacated palaces of Sadam's. The intricacy and architectural style of the featured palace is incredibly detailed. When you get a chance (they've shown this tour about a dozen times already), take a close look at the marble carved floor and beams - it's a real quick pan of the camera, but you'll see what I mean by the detail.

-Jim

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I love Monty Python, and "Grail" is my favorite.

I have seen the little "tours" of the palaces but didn't notice any "detail" I'll pay closer attention next time.

That disInformation minister was a "hoot" last night, just like the armless and legless knight...
At almost the very instant that the CO of the Mech. Infantry company was getting ready for his shower in Saddam's main palace, and his troops were blowing up that bronze statue of saddam on his horse, he was saying:

"We have slaughtered all the stupid-head Americans at the walls of Baghdad and the few that have survived are now running all the way back to their evil country. NOW is the time for all good Iraqui's to step up commiting suicide."

That isn't verbatum, but it is real close. I was rolling on the floor at the time laughing my @$$ off, so I couldn't write it down exactly.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

LOL... actually, one of the funniest comments made by the info minister was when he said... "...U.S. soldiers are not in Baghdad - the ones that are near were poisoned, so the gunshots you hear are the soldiers committing suicide... "

WOW... now that's a doozy if I ever heard one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Did you hear him say we were only using "sound bombs"...something about "droven them crazy"...everyone else has scooted to Syria or are trapped underground and the "misinformation minister" was the one left to "go down with the ship" I guess...but as he's briefing on the telly, the split screen is showing what a liar he is...strange that they would embarass themselves that way. Though I suppose they are only letting their own citizens see him and not CNN...or Fox...or NBC...or ???