would fenix make a 2aa tactical like the tk10

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
like how p3d is a general and tk10 is the tactical ...i would love to see a 2aa of tk10 ,a little bigger body to handle heat, more aggressive look

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I agree too.

Many of the Fenix lights could use knurling, and for tactical use it would have to be easy to grip and use.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I see a pic posted of the Olive L2D, I think how awesome it would look if it had some aggressiveness added. Hope they do it.

Maybe start by doing this with the L2T. Awesome design.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Would love to see Fenix produce a 2 AA tactical style light. I would like to see something similar to the L2T, but with a slightly thicker body and chequering like that on the E01. A larger head housing a Cree Q5 with a deeper OP reflector.

yekim

Enlightened
Would love to see Fenix produce a 2 AA tactical style light. I would like to see something similar to the L2T, but with a slightly thicker body and chequering like that on the E01. A larger head housing a Cree Q5 with a deeper OP reflector.

Sounds like the Olight T25 to me.

I have a T25-t and it is nice.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes the t25 has nice size but the only issue i have with it is i prefer light levels to be change by soft tap tailcap press for one handed operation..and i figure the constant turning of bezel for light change isnt good for thread wear over time especially if you have to cycle through several levels to get to your need where as a fenix its one half twist general or turbo vs 3-5 t25 but mainly one hand selection is better...if i had the money right now i prolly would pick up a t25t though

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Sounds like the Olight T25 to me.

I have a T25-t and it is nice.

Yes, I did have Olight in mind. However, I prefer a 2 stage light with light levels selected by turning the bezel and a forward clickie switch.

yekim

Enlightened
I don't change light levels that often. I kind of prefer them to be an option but in the background, as I tend to run on full tilt boogie most of the time. At work I have tried lights with press button UI's for multi levels and the more complicated ones are a pain. I like the L2D with it's 2 mode groups and strobe and Turbo being the only choices in one group.

The threads on the T25's head are big and really, if thread wear was a problem there would be bunches of Twisty lights all worn out and tossed. Most Fenix's use some sort of twist to work the UI, SF lights usually are not clickies. It only takes about 1/8th of a twist (loosen then tighten) of the T25's head to get it to change levels. I do prefer the L2D's strobe being just a half press away, but that only really appeals to the couch commando in me and I have never needed the strobe for anything but to annoy co-workers.

Yes, I did have Olight in mind. However, I prefer a 2 stage light with light levels selected by turning the bezel and a forward clickie switch.

The T25t comes with a forward clicky. It really sounds like the L2T 2.0 is your cup of tea though. I am having a hard time not getting one myself, but I already have 2 L2T Luxeon versions that I am going to stuff SSC's in.

Last edited:

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
I just received the forward-clicky switch for my L1D/L2D. It wasn't too difficult to install, and really improved the functionality of the light, at least for me. I think this switch would work much better in the L1T/L2T. I have found that I unintentionally cycle through the modes when I use the switch for momentary-on. But it is much more "tactical" than the switch that comes with the L1D/L2D.

I REALLY DISLIKE reverse-clicky switches. I was trained to use my flashlight in short bursts so I really like a momentary switch like most SureFire's, have. A forward-clicky is also good for short bursts. But a reverse-clicky is pretty much worthless in a tactical setting. It takes two slow, LOUD clicks to turn the light on and back off again for a short burst. Not good if you are searching for a potentially armed suspect.

I think a 2AA Tactical light would be a great idea. I love how bright the Fenix L2D is, but the multiple modes and reverse-click have got to go. Better knurling and a removable grip ring would make it nearly perfect. Using the TK10 in the "cigar-hold" using the grip ring is a little uncomfortable after five or ten mintues. A 2AA body would be smaller in diameter than the TK10, therefore more comfortable in extended use.

Sorry about my rambling, but I have had this same thought for a while. Maybe someone at Fenix will take note of our comments and do something about it. We can only hope.

-- Frank

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
I just received the forward-clicky switch for my L1D/L2D. It wasn't too difficult to install, and really improved the functionality of the light, at least for me. I think this switch would work much better in the L1T/L2T. I have found that I unintentionally cycle through the modes when I use the switch for momentary-on. But it is much more "tactical" than the switch that comes with the L1D/L2D.

I REALLY DISLIKE reverse-clicky switches. I was trained to use my flashlight in short bursts so I really like a momentary switch like most SureFire's, have. A forward-clicky is also good for short bursts. But a reverse-clicky is pretty much worthless in a tactical setting. It takes two slow, LOUD clicks to turn the light on and back off again for a short burst. Not good if you are searching for a potentially armed suspect.

I think a 2AA Tactical light would be a great idea. I love how bright the Fenix L2D is, but the multiple modes and reverse-click have got to go. Better knurling and a removable grip ring would make it nearly perfect. Using the TK10 in the "cigar-hold" using the grip ring is a little uncomfortable after five or ten mintues. A 2AA body would be smaller in diameter than the TK10, therefore more comfortable in extended use.

Sorry about my rambling, but I have had this same thought for a while. Maybe someone at Fenix will take note of our comments and do something about it. We can only hope.

-- Frank

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the thing is, most of the fenix range isnt meant to be a tactical light. what they have started as a tac light are the Tk10 and the T1. I am no LEO, but i added some rubber gaskets to my Tk10, and its alot more comfortable to hold on to in cigar...
DSC00484.jpg

Crenshaw

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
my wish came true TK20 ....now :devil: , fenix i want a turbohead for my LxD just like the lumapower for there m3 , and for new L1D/L2D/P2D keep same circuit and replace sos with low low and make new body same size as the beefy O-light t25 and knurl the whole body like your E01 or Novatac/NDI

wishful thinking why not:p