Fenix T1 bezel ring.. swappable?

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I just ordered a T1 on clearance from Lighthound, and although it's a little big to be my ideal EDC, the 2-modes will probably have me liking it more than my Q-III i carry now. I have a question though.

It looks like the bezel ring is removable. Has anyone tried sticking in a different bezel ring? The one I had in mind is the Solarforce stainless ring from the replacement Surefire 6P heads they make. I have one of those heads on my Cabelas XPG 6P clone, and its fantastic.

If no one has tried it, or has the ability to try it, can anyone take measurements of the T1 ring and post them up? I wish teleporters were invented. I hate waiting for new toys. :mecry:

Thanks all

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up. I suppose I mean't 'capable of being removed' as opposed to 'easily removed'. My lights aren't shelf queens, so potentially scratching the finish to satisfy my curiosity does not scare me.

I'll take pictures with a caliper tonight to show the ring I'm referring to.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Ok, took a few measurements of what I have. First is the stainless ring from the Solarforce head for the 6P. Looks to be about 33 threads per inch, and is 1.2 inches across at the widest part of the threads.

stainless_ring.jpg

The second one is from a Nextorch T6A bezel. It measured 1.135" across at the widest part of the threads, and looks to be 25 threads per inch?

EDIT: Forgot second picture
nextorch_ring.jpg

Anyone willing to check their Fenix for me?

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I'll bump this once for the morning and then let it die.

If the light comes and it turns out none of my bezel rings fit, does anyone have a recommendation on a CPF member that could make me one? Stainless or aluminum, I'm not picky, 4, 5, 6 crenulations, doesn't matter. I could send out the original ring as a template. Thanks!

pezdragon

Newly Enlightened
I measured my ring to be 1.295" dia. at top of threads.I could not find my thread gauge for tpi but it's likely at moot point, Pez

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Thanks for checking. Looks like I might have one made for it. I wonder if theres any interest in making a few of them?