Traser/LED flashlight

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I was wandering around a website looking at pelican Headlamps that were discussed on another thread and came across the Traser Teknolite being sold "soon" in the USA. Has anyone done business with this company? I seem to remember them being mentioned before, but not for awhile.
BTW the link to their teknolite page is here LITE-PRO - TEKNOLITE ( 4 ) - LED Flashlight -- ( The Flashlite That Let's You Know Where It Is )
I think this post falls within the advertising guidelines, yes?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wits' End...I'm not sure about that particular company, but I know that www.pocketlights.com sells them...and they're very good to deal with. FYI...

PJD

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look to be about the same size as the trasers on the hour hand of my Luminox Navy Seals Watch. Big enough to be effective for their intended purpose without being distracting...nice looking light, but a bit too pricey for 4 LED's IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif...

PJD

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug (Quickbeam) recently put a review of this light up on his site.

Here's a Link

Kristofg

Enlightened
I've got one of these and there seems to be a small difference between mine and the model in the review. Mine only has 2 traser inserts, but they ar closer to the top of the flashlight. They are just bright enough to give the head a green glow which is visible in complete darkness so it does serve it's purpose. The light comes with three AA batteries, but I hadn't noticed that one of them had been crushed in transport and I ended up with using it powered on only 3V for a while. I seemed about as bright as a normal 2x AA maglite. It's really quite good with three working batteries in it though. It's quite sturdy and shockproof, but the metal piece next to the batteries should be attached a bit sturdier as it tends to fall out when replacing the batteries. I do like it for it's price though, I bought mine for about €30 in the UK.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - they aparently made quite a few improvements since the previous revision. Yes - 3 traser inserts, the metal inside does not come out, the lanyard attachement point is much sturdier, and there is a silvered reflector that was reportedly not in the previous revision.

Check the thread in the Reviews forum for pics of the older tailcap.

Kristofg

Enlightened
I just looked it up and you're right, I have the older model. It works quite well with only two traser inserts though and I fail to see where the reflector would help, but the mechanical improvements are definitely worth it.

Latest posts