Fenix E01: What does 10lm mean?

josean

Newly Enlightened
I received today my Fenix E01. It is a great light, really nice (I ordered the purple one) and my wife (who is going to be the final owner of the light) has liked it a lot.

Just a couple of comments about this light: As some others said, I doubt that it has an output of 10lm. Somebody calculated an output of 7lm but I think it can be even lower than that.

I have made a beamshot comparison of the light that I own having outputs of about 10lm.

1.- Fenix E1: Output rated 12lm

2.- Fenix L2T (first generation) on low: Output rated 10lm

3.- Fenix E01: Output rated 10lm

As you can see the E01 gives outputs much less amount of light than the others. Does anyone have a reliable measurement of the E01 output?

The three lights are 30cm away from the wall, and all three are running on fresh NiMH batteries. The camera parameters have been fixed at: 200 ISO, 1/50, F2.8

As an additional comment, the E01 body has a really nice color, and the body knurling is very well done. I can't say the same for the head: The head color is notably darker than the body, as well as not uniform, giving the impression of just being dirty. Also the head knurling is not as well done as that of the body.

Anyway, this is a great light for just 15USD, much better than anything that I could find for such a price, with a last generation LED and a well regulated electronics.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a ceiling bounce test comparing mine to my Jetbeam C-LE V2 on low which is rated at 9 lumens and the E01 looked slightly brighter. Fresh cell in both.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It might be the LED's properties.

The light seems to have a constant voltage driver(my guess). So a LED with a higher Vf will be driven at a lower current (and be dimmer) then a LED with a lower Vf driven at a higher current.

cv3po

Banned
There are just too many variables to accurately say what each and every light will put out. We should know by now that not all emitters/electronics (or company specs) are equal and there are above and below average performers. You'll go crazy worrying about this, just use and enjoy your lights...................

Last edited: