Best flashlight?

Mactrix

Newly Enlightened
I need a new flashlight under $25

Anybrand but what the best torch? (Hoping to get it off DX)

Hoping for AA or AAA

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What kind of light are you looking for?

DX has many of the good budget lights. Romsien seems to have the best quality of the lower priced lights.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How far?

The cheapest longer range light is around $28.

The RC-M4 might be good(if you don't ming CR123s). It uses a P60 style drop-in so you can easily upgrade the light. I'd say it's more of a medium-long range then long range from the beamshots.

For AA, the RC-N3 or the WF-606 might be good, swapping in a Q5 would be better and I think the RC-N3 is easy to take apart.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look no further. I would highly recommend this light from Dx:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10688

The MTE Cree Q5 Five Mode costs $25 including shipping. Its beam rivals that of lights costing much more. The size, weight, and form make ideal for an EDC light. The finish specifications are not listed but mine has so far held up quite well, even though it took getting accustomed to the light green metalic finish. The interface is all operated enitely from the reverse clicky which make it less cumbersome, in my opinion, than lights that require you twist the barrel of the light for only a couple of the modes. It will remember the last mode you used the next time you turn on the light. The is a recent thread on this light in the forum where its interface is discussed:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/197783

If you get this light you will need to read the above thread because there are no directions that come with the light. Some people don't like that it has a SOS mode, but it is the first SOS mode that I have found on any light that operates like it should with the correct pause between each SOS and where the repetition of the dots and dashes is is at the correct speed.