Inova X5T and camping, a great combo!

garyoNC

Newly Enlightened
I took my X5T camping this last weekend. It worked great! It was the first time I went camping without my MAG lights. For 25 years my MAG lights have accompanied me on my many excursions and I was very happy, but now it will be the Inova's that will be coming with us. The MAG lights are just too big and heavy. The Inova is small, compact, very light, and powerful. It did well lighting up the trail and as a campsite light, the flood part does an excellent job. I have only had it for about a month but look forward to many more camping trips with it.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
garyoNC -

If you would care to elaborate a little, why don't you post in the Reviews forum with some detailed observations about the light, it's output, usefulness, durability, etc. from your camping trip? This would be a good "practical use" review!

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my X5T too and can't wait to try the new X1. My Dad took the X5T I bought him last fall to Florida with him and used it for a month, said how great it was. Seems like a good camping tool, waterproof, long run time, great light output for what it is and uses cold resistant long storage lithium 3V batteries. For extended trips I would buy a Surefire SC2 or Pelican case for spare batteries.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
The X5 is a great little light. I leave one in the glove box of each car at all times. It always works and can take a beating too. Its a real nice EDC small light.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've run over an X5 with an electric wheelchair and I've thrown it across floors and into walls, so I can vouch for Road__Kill above in saying it's a tough little light.

I've not yet tried an X5T though, so I honestly don't know yet how it will do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Maybe the X5T will die when I try to drown it in the toliet, maybe it won't. :-O

Latest posts