Paypal disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.

keoki

Newly Enlightened
I hope I am in the correct forum.

Would someone enlighten me on a question I have regarding Pay pal disputes?

The scenario: I made a purchase and payment via Paypal. I had NO communication for 5 days (3 work/2 weekend).On the 5th day I put in a dispute to Paypal feeling I dealt with a DUD. Within hours the guy responds saying he was out of town for a birthday yah da yah da....OK fine. Dispute canceled.

My question is if the dispute would have any repercussions on the sellers credibility. Even if the dispute was canceled or otherwise.My intent was not to hurt this guy in any way. Just to get his attention and have communication. Obviously it worked.

My situation now is: I canceled the dispute. Got NO light in my hands. Now this guy is crying like a b..tch. Communication with this clown has gone downhill (I will no longer tolerate this guy).

Sorry for ranting but advice is appreciated.

Aloha

KrisP

Enlightened
Personally, I think you were a bit premature on the lodging the dispute... 5 days is not very long for someone to not reply. But Paypal's website encourages it... See below.

Even if you've already emailed the seller you should still use the dispute resolution process because doing so ensures that your communication with the seller will be visible to PayPal if the dispute is escalated to a claim. Also, it increases the likelihood that the seller will take your concerns seriously and respond thoughtfully.

I don't think a dispute negatively affects a seller, other than their ego.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I am in the correct forum.

Would someone enlighten me on a question I have regarding Pay pal disputes?

The scenario: I made a purchase and payment via Paypal. I had NO communication for 5 days (3 work/2 weekend).On the 5th day I put in a dispute to Paypal feeling I dealt with a DUD. Within hours the guy responds saying he was out of town for a birthday yah da yah da....OK fine. Dispute canceled.

My question is if the dispute would have any repercussions on the sellers credibility. Even if the dispute was canceled or otherwise.My intent was not to hurt this guy in any way. Just to get his attention and have communication. Obviously it worked.

My situation now is: I canceled the dispute. Got NO light in my hands. Now this guy is crying like a b..tch. Communication with this clown has gone downhill (I will no longer tolerate this guy).

Sorry for ranting but advice is appreciated.

Aloha

Okay I'm going to try and calm this down, but I won't stand for the twisting of the truth.

The payment was made on Saturday night. TODAY is the FIFTH DAY. You made the dispute after THREE days. You complained about non-delivery after ONE business day. New York to Hawaii takes more than 1 day via 1st class. You did not ask for or pay for overnight delivery.

Looking at the time and order the emails show up in my Yahoo account. The dispute was made AFTER I already told you that the payment was received and the shipment made. Which btw you did not ask me about until Monday night and which I promptly answered on Tuesday. The only thing you accomplish by filing such a dumb dispute is to **** me off and canceling any chance you had of me helping you out.

First you call me a "tough guy" Now I'm crying like a "b..tch" (potty mouth) and am a clown. Wow, I now know why some people are afraid of clowns. I'd run too if I saw a tough guy crying "b..tch" of a clown coming at me. :aaa::laughing:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this thread is out of place, and should be taken to the Jeers section.

Status
Not open for further replies.